Los Angeles, CA, December 19, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Harvardwood's 2014 Writers Competition Winners & Most Staffable TV Writers
Carolyn Cassidy, Nancy Cotton, Adam Fratto, and Nicky Weinstock are among the A-list mentors to new voices from Harvardwood programs.
Harvardwood has just announced the winners of its 2014 Harvardwood Writers Competition, as well as its 2014 Most Staffable TV Writers list of top participants in the ongoing Harvardwood Writers Program. The winning writers will be mentored by A-list TV, film and theater professionals, recruited by Hollywood's hottest productions, and considered for representation at the most prestigious talent agencies and management companies.
The winners of the 2014 Harvardwood Writers Competition in each category are:
* Features: Ryan P. Shrime - Please Don't Die, Roger Berman (Coming-of-Age Dramedy)
- Runner Up: Peter Limm - Werewolves of New London (Horror-Comedy)
* TV Pilots: Nick Baker - Lullaby (Crime Thriller)
- Runner Up: Joy Goodwin - The Underground (One-Hour Drama)
* Shorts: Mustapha Khan - Blanchin’ Jimmies (Coming-of-Age Dramedy)
Additionally, writers of outstanding TV pilots incubated in the ongoing Harvardwood Writers Program are selected for the Most Staffable TV Writers list each year. The writers on Harvardwood's Most Staffable TV Writers of 2014 list are:
* Nick Baker - Lullaby (Pilot / Crime Thriller)
* Adam Prince - Ark (Pilot / One-Hour Drama)
* Drew Housman - Think Tank (Pilot / Half-Hour Comedy)
All of these talented writers were selected by a panel of industry professionals. Each writer will receive a one-on-one mentorship, and Competition winners will also receive a cash prize.
This year's mentors include:
- Andy Cadiff - Director, Hot In Cleveland, Home Improvement
- Carolyn Cassidy - SVP, Comedy Development, Fox
- Jonathan Collier - Executive Producer, Bones
- Nancy Cotton - SVP, Programming, Fox Television Studios
- Adam Fratto - Exec. VP, Pukeko Pictures / Weta Workshop
- Couper Samuelson - President of Features for Blumhouse
- Craig Turk - Executive Producer, The Good Wife
- Nicky Weinstock - President, Invention Studios; Creative Head, Lionsgate’s Direct-to-Series Comedies
In the last three years, participants in the Harvardwood Writers Program and Competition have seen unprecedented success. Recent pilot sales include: The Mighty Camilla to ABC, Allegiance to ABC, Public Defenders to Sony, and Helix, which has been picked up for a second season at SyFy. Participating writers have also been staffed on American Dad (Fox), Covert Affairs (USA), Family Guy (FOX), The Flash (CW), Gotham (Fox), How To Get Away With Murder (ABC), Justified (FX), State of Affairs (NBC), and The Tomorrow People (CW), as well as Awake (NBC), Community (NBC), The Newsroom (HBO), and Perception (TNT). On the feature side, Lane Shadgett’s Jamesy Boy had a theatrical release, and Shadgett was also chosen as a Disney Feature Fellow. Previous feature category winner, Capture, is in post production with Circle of Confusion producing. Participants have also secured representation at Apostle, Benderspink, CAA, Circle of Confusion, Echo Lake, ICM, Management 360, Original Artists, and others.
"Harvardwood thanks our outstanding mentors and panel of industry judges for their time and effort in helping develop new voices and diverse perspectives in film and television," says Harvardwood founder Mia Riverton. "We are thrilled by the high quality of work that continues to emerge from this program."
For more information about the Harvardwood Writers Competition and the Harvardwood Writers Program, please contact: Dona Le at email@example.com.
Harvardwood is the official arts, media and entertainment alumni organization for Harvard University. It is a nonprofit organization for members of the Harvard University community who believe in the power and purpose of the arts, media and entertainment. By providing professional resources and service opportunities, Harvardwood strives to utilize the creativity and leadership of our diverse members as forces for positive social change. With over 5,000 members worldwide, Harvardwood has chapters in Boston, Chicago, Georgia, London, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
- Harvardwood Writers’ Program: http://www.harvardwood.org/?writers_tv_film
- Harvardwood Writers’ Competition: http://www.harvardwood.org/?page=WritersCompetition
- The Mighty Camilla: http://deadline.com/2014/10/melissa-rosenberg-kate-schumaecker-abc-tall-girl-prods-projects-853950/
- Allegiance: http://deadline.com/2013/10/abc-nabs-conspiracy-drama-from-chris-morgan-len-wiseman-as-put-pilot-606631/
- Public Defenders: http://variety.com/2012/scene/people-news/emerging-names-in-handlers-game-2-1118061187/
- Helix: http://deadline.com/2014/03/syfy-helix-renewed-for-second-season-705931/