London, United Kingdom, January 18, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- With rising fees and increasing external pressures amplifying the range of demands on today’s students, the 2nd National Student Retention in Higher Education Conference investigates proven methodologies for early identification of at risk students and strategies for preventing early withdrawals.
Key sessions on personalising the curriculum, tailoring assessment and feedback, analysing big data, encouraging participation from hard to reach students, developing a high profile pastoral support system and bridging the gap from further education to higher education will provide you with a varied and transferable toolkit to promote successful retention in your setting.
· Keynote: David Barrett, Assistant Director, Office for Fair Access (OFFA)
· Keynote: Sarah Howls, Head of Student Opportunity, Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
· Chair: Dr Mark Jones, Director Higher Education Academy (HEA) Services, HEA
· Professor Mark Stubbs, Head of Learning and Research Technologies, Manchester Metropolitan University
· Stephen Dudderidge, Head of Student Operations and Support, The University of Nottingham
· Professor Annette Cashmore, Director of GENIE, Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Genetics, University of Leicester
· Jean Mutton, Project Manager, Student Experience Team, Derby University
· Colin Bryson, Director of Combined Honours Centre, Newcastle University
For more information:
Download the brochure:
Or contact: Andy Wills – email@example.com / 020 7960 7751