Boston, MA, January 28, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Recognizing the special concerns of commercial drivers, TeleType pioneered the use of portable GPS for truck specific navigation. TeleType continues to focus on producing the best possible truck routing and navigation solutions. SmartTruckRoute for Android and iPhone smartphones and tablets has been updated to allow for faster routing and re-routing and now offers alternate routes, mile markers, multiple point routing, speed alerts, and weight per axle to further improve truck specific routing.
The SmartTruckRoute software takes into account commercial truck restrictions such as low bridges, weight restrictions, hazmat restrictions, axle limits, and more. SmartTruckRoute helps drivers avoid costly tickets and provides additional safety. The app also includes truck specific points of interest such as truck stops, weigh scales, rest areas, and displays diesel fuel pricing. At less than 7 cents per day for a subscription, the solution is economical and offers simple installation with automatic activation. The app offers the unique feature of integrating driver feedback to enhance the routing experience. The company maintains both permanent and temporary truck restriction data on their servers and updates the information daily on a pro-active basis as well as incorporating driver feedback.
According to Marleen Winer, Vice-President of TeleType, “As an engineering team based in the U.S. we are especially pleased to work directly with commercial drivers to continually develop and improve SmartTruckRoute to aid drivers in safely and efficiently reaching their delivery destinations.”
SmartTruckRoute Key Features and Benefits:
· Daily live map, routing, and restriction information updates
· Quickly validate truck route with the convenience of a smart phone or tablet
· Unique option to view maps in satellite or hybrid mode for highest destination accuracy
· Instant activation, eliminating lengthy map downloads
· Unlimited truck specific routing upon purchase
· Fast routing, even long routes take less than ten seconds to complete
· Visual and Voice turn-by-turn instructions keep drivers safe
· Truck specific points of interest display and search
· Speak destination information for convenient hands free operation
· Driver Feedback loop provides an easy efficient way for drivers to share map and routing feedback within the community
· Multiple point routing using via points for alternate route creation
· Updated developer tools allow for easy third party integration
· Maps automatically cached to conserve data usage (driving 10 hours per day uses less than 2 gigs per month)
The app is subscription based (one-time payment equivalent to a few cents per day). Drivers can test routes and use the fully functional app free of charge from 1-2 PM and 1-2 AM EST seven days a week. SmartTruckRoute (www.smarttruckroute.com) is available for Android and Apple iOS. Contact TeleType for corporate licensing, vehicle tracking, and route integration applications. TeleType Company, 1-800-717-4478, 1-617-542-6220, email@example.com, www.smarttruckroute.com.
Established in 1981, TeleType has emerged to become a leader in the field of Global Positioning Systems and was the first company to offer a portable GPS solution for commercial truck drivers. TeleType specializes in software systems integration and innovative products for a variety of industries. Products range from the user friendly GPS navigation systems to advanced developer tools such as Software Developer Kits (SDK). This latest program innovation is yet another example of the pioneering advancements that has - and will continue to - set TeleType apart in the field of GPS technologies.