Sunnyvale, CA, February 14, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced PaperSave, a document management and workflow solution, as the latest independent vendor to certify its software with the company’s PaperStream IP (PSIP) image enhancement technology. The certification of PaperSave with PSIP further expands the capabilities of the Fujitsu high-performance “fi-series” document imaging scanner line and the flexibility of PaperSave.
In combination with Fujitsu “fi-series” scanners, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image processing solution that allows documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images, giving organizations the ability to maximize automation, productivity, and efficiency throughout the document capture processes. PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS driver interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today.
“We’re excited to expand PaperSave’s value to customers by certifying it with PaperStream IP,” said Wadih Pazos, senior vice president of product development, PaperSave. “PaperSave customers using the Fujitsu fi-series scanner line will benefit from high quality images and automatic workflow while enhancing the user experience with PaperSave.”
PaperSave is a comprehensive document management and electronic workflow system. Users can reclaim 20 to 30 percent of their time by using PaperSave to electronically manage approval processes, find any document immediately, reduce the cost of file storage and save time spent filing, copying and searching. A faster ROI is easily achieved when PaperSave is implemented to manage documents and reduce manual tasks.
“Fujitsu is excited to announce PaperSave’s integration of PaperStream IP into their software solution,” said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “PaperStream IP delivers high quality images with powerful and visual controls, cleanly capturing the toughest documents. This partnership will increase the speed and efficiency of our customers’ workflows through the acceleration of the scanning process.”
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market such as edge repair fills, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PSIP include:
• Preset Profiles: With a simple selection of black and white, color or auto-color, the driver’s defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal. Setup time is also kept to a minimum.
• Assisted Scanning: In the rare instances when a document’s background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan takes the guesswork out of document clean up by providing nine distinct cleaned up images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or detailed driver changes.
• Real-Time Preview: For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
• Fast Scanning: Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PSIP takes advantage of the PC’s multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
• Patch and Barcode Recognition: In conjunction with scanning applications, PSIP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as both one and two dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, Code 128 and QR Code, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, call us at 800-626-4686.
Paper pushing and shuffling are eliminated when PaperSave is in place. As a complete document management, workflow and transaction automation solution, PaperSave captures documents to maximize user productivity and gain faster approvals using electronic workflows. Users benefit from quick retrieval of information reducing the number of vendor inquiries, late payments and time spent looking for physical documents that are either lost or misplaced. Costs are also reduced and profit margins grow when users can eliminate keystrokes and data entry errors. PaperSave's unique integration provides one click access to documents related to records within Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, SL, CRM, Intacct and Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge®, Financial Edge™, Educational Edge™ and Enterprise CRM.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Holly M. Condon