Garden Grove, CA, February 21, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Saint-Gobain Seals makes concentrated efforts to strengthen and increase their partnerships in the North American Oil & Gas industry, attending several key, industry associated conferences and exhibitions during 2015 to promote their sealing solutions -- in particular, OmniSeal ® spring-energized seals. Used in a variety of high pressure and high temperature conditions; subsea, topside and cryogenic valves; and NORSOK application, the seals operate in harsh environments, reduce friction and downtime and extend the service life of equipment.
As a key leader in the Oil & Gas sealing industry, Saint-Gobain Seals’ direction is based on current trends and market studies, which show that an unconventional oil and gas revolution is beginning to pick up speed in the United States. According to the BP Energy Outlook 2035 (Focus on North America), which was published in February 2014, “In 2005, North America’s oil imports accounted for 23% of the world’s net inter-regional energy imports. By 2035, the region will be a net oil exporter, which will account for 6% of global energy exports. The US will surpass Russia and Saudi Arabia in 2013 as the largest liquids producer in the world, primarily due to tight oil growth.” Other published reports indicate a rapidly growing production of shale gas, which now makes up about half of total American gas and catapulted the United States ahead of Russia to become the world’s No. 1 gas producer.
Saint-Gobain Seals has also focused on tackling future environmental issues and recently launched their new, single-stem sealing solution that reduces fugitive emissions. This new low-fugitive emission (LFE) product will be presented at the following conferences and exhibits:
• Advances in Valve Design, Tools and Technology – Organized by Valve Manufacturers Association of America (VMA), the conference will be held in San Antonio, Texas during March 5-6. Saint-Gobain Seals will participate in the technical seminar as well as the tabletop exhibition. The seminar will feature speakers from various end users and suppliers and the exhibition will feature companies that sell or provide services to valve manufacturers and end users.
• High Performance Polymers for Oil & Gas – This event will be organized by Smithers Rapra in Houston, Texas during April 13-14. Saint-Gobain Seals will participate in the technical seminar as well as the tabletop exhibition. The seminar will share information about the fundamental requirements for polymers in the oil and gas industry and new developments and qualification methods that are driving innovation. The exhibition will feature products and services in front of the key industry players and decision makers.
• Oil & Gas Polymer Engineering Conference – This event will be organized by Applied Material Information (AMI) in Houston, Texas during June 9-10. Saint-Gobain Seals will participate in the technical seminar, which will feature topics on qualifying and utilizing elastomers, thermoplastics, composites and coating materials in oilfield applications.
• Mexican Petroleum Congress – This event will be organized by the Mexican Association of Exploration Geophysics (AMGE) in Guadalara, Mexico during June 11-13. Saint-Gobain Seals will participate in the technical seminar as well as the exhibition (Booth #815). The seminar is Mexico and Latin-America's most important forum for scientific and technological exchange associated with gas and oil exploration and production. This major event gathers the most important personalities of the petroleum industry, and gives them the opportunity to debate trend topics as well as current and future strategies.
• Valve World Americas Expo & Conference – This event will be co-organized by KIC and MDNA in Houston, Texas during July 15-16. Saint-Gobain Seals will participate in the technical seminar as well as the exhibition (Booth #1052). The seminar will feature talks on the latest technologies, components and systems in the field of flow control.
Along with participating in these events in North America, Saint-Gobain Seals will be presenting technical papers this year such as their next generation of materials for sealing solutions in high performance, high temperature conditions at the NACE Corrosion conference in Dallas, Texas from March 15-19. Last year, they presented a similar paper at the High Performance Polymers for Oil & Gas Conference in Edinburgh as well as at the Element Oilfield Engineering with Polymers conference in London regarding a selection of thermoplastics for sealing solutions in aggressive environments.
To learn more about Saint-Gobain Seals’ OmniSeal® product line, other product lines and its strategic business unit, visit www.seals.saint-gobain.com, follow their Twitter(@SGSeals) or connect on LinkedIn.
About Saint-Gobain Seals (www.seals.saint-gobain.com)
Saint-Gobain Seals is a strategic business unit under Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics’ Engineered Components SOA (sector of activity); our parent company, Saint-Gobain, is one of the world’s top 100 industrial groups. With more than 50 years of manufacturing experience and an established global presence (with strategic sites in Garden Grove, California, USA; Kontich, Belgium; and Minhang, Shanghai, China), we offer a diverse range of innovative sealing and polymer solutions:
• OmniSeal® Spring–Energized Seals
• OmniLip™ PTFE Rotary Shaft Seals
• Rulon® High-Performance Fluoropolymer Compounds
• Meldin® 7000 Thermoset Polyimide Materials
• Meldin® HT High-Performance Thermoplastic Materials
Other products include Fluoroloy® (high-performance custom-formulated compounds), cup seals, hydraulic seals, metal seals, v-packings, piston rings, Marathon® (valves and vacuum pump diaphragms), Transband® (PTFE creepage band), custom parts, polymer bearings and stock shapes.
The majority of seals and polymer components manufactured are custom designed and matched with the best materials to optimize their performance in various applications and markets.