Vaughn, WA, February 22, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Join Citizens for a Healthy Bay and more than a dozen organizations collaborating to bring the Key Peninsula a free Puget Sound celebration! Puget Sounds Like Fun Day is a free, family-friendly event at the Key Peninsula Civic Center in Vaughn. With activities for all ages, residents will come out for art and educational activities for kids, hands-on science exhibits, a clean boating workshop, live children’s music, food, prizes and the chance to learn about local sea life and Sound-healthy behaviors to protect it.
Activities run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Key Peninsula Civic Center, 17010 S. Vaughn Road KPN in Vaughn, and include:
· Composting fun with live worms and recycling tips
· A live reptile exhibit
· Clean boating workshop
· Discovering intertidal marine animals and building a watershed
· Arts and crafts, songs and games
· Free organic snacks
Citizens for a Healthy Bay, Harbor WildWatch, Kitsap Conservation District, Kitsap Public Health Department, Pierce Conservation District, Pierce County Public Works and Utilities, Pierce County Shellfish Partners, Puget Creek Restoration Society, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance, Sea Scouts, Tacoma-Pierce County Health District, Taylor Shellfish Farms, Washington Sea Grant, WSU Kitsap Extension, YMCA Camp Seymour and others are partnering to support this event.
Puget Sound Fun Facts:
· Puget Sound covers over 1.6 million acres and has 2,500 miles of shoreline
· Puget Sound is home to countless species, including orcas, sea lions, salmon and shellfish, as well as 4.5 million people who live, work and play across the 12 counties.
· Puget Sound is the second-largest estuary in the nation.
Citizens for a Healthy Bay is a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to represent and engage citizens in the cleanup, restoration and protection of Commencement Bay and Puget Sound, the surrounding waters and our natural habitat. Learn more at www.healthybay.org.