Atlanta, GA, March 12, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Phi Delta Theta alumni clubs (http://georgiaphidelts.weebly.com) and undergraduate chapters throughout Georgia announced the Phi Delta Theta Georgia Alumni Hall of Fame Class of 2015. Inductees are to be honored throughout March at various Founders Day celebrations across the state. These events will be hosted by undergraduate chapters at University of Georgia, Mercer University, Georgia Tech and alumni clubs in Atlanta, Macon and Savannah. This is the inaugural year for the Hall of Fame.
“The Phi Delta Theta Hall of Fame of Georgia acknowledges the many contributions our members have made since our first Georgia chapter was established in 1871 at University of Georgia,” said Richard T. Orr, Phi Delta Theta Province President. “Whether a graduate of a Georgia school or a brother who now calls Georgia home, we felt it important to recognize those alumni who continue to embrace the Fraternity's principals of fellowship, sound learning and rectitude. Inductees have chosen to live their lives by example through contributions to the Fraternity, business, community and philanthropy.”
The Hall of Fame selection committee is comprised of current presidents from each of the undergraduate and alumni chapters. Orr serves as chairman.
Entering the 2015 Phi Delta Theta Georgia Alumni Hall of Fame:
· Curtis Anderson (University of Washington) - Benefactor, Curtis and Elizabeth Anderson Cancer Institute (ACI)
· Robert A. Biggs (Georgia Southern) - Executive Vice President, Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
· Paul C. Grassey (Lafayette College) - Author, WWII bomber pilot, veteran of The Eighth Air Force veteran
· Budge S. Huskey (Mercer) - CEO of Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC
· John B. Jackson, Jr. (Georgia Tech) - Former President Guardian Life Insurance Company Leader's Club
· Robert G. Lewis, Jr. (Mercer) - President, Lewis and Associates, Inc.
· Jean A. Mori (Georgia Tech) - CEO of Mori Luggage and Gifts
· Sam Nunn (Georgia Tech) - Former U.S. Senator
· Walter B. Palmer (Emory) - Former Special Agent for the U.S. Department of Commerce and Labor
· William P. Payne (UGA) - Chairman of Augusta National Golf Cl
· Cecil J. Silas (Georgia Tech) - Former Chairman & CEO of Phillips Petroleum
· Robert L. Steed (Mercer) - Senior Partner, King & Spalding
About Phi Delta Theta Alumni Clubs of Georgia
The Georgia alumni clubs are among Phi Delta Theta’s oldest. Over the years, they have included many prominent members of their local communities. The Clubs’ mission is to provide a social and professional networking forum for the more than 6,000 alumni across the state representing more than 150 undergraduate chapters.
About Phi Delta Theta
Phi Delta Theta was founded on December 26, 1848 at Miami University in Oxford, OH. The men of Phi Delta Theta share a common commitment -- the cultivation of friendship among its members, the acquirement individually of a high degree of mental culture, and the attainment personally of a high standard of morality.