Ipswich, United Kingdom, March 30, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is celebrating breaking its record for the highest-selling day ever, taking an amazing £2.1 million in revenue on Friday 6th March 2015, following the launch of its new 2016/17 cruise programme, which went on sale on 5th March 2015.
Saturday 7th March 2015 was also the highest-selling Saturday that Fred. Olsen has ever experienced, taking revenue of £1.6 million on that day alone; Fred. Olsen also recorded the highest amount of revenue that it ever taken on a Sunday, on the 8th, with £800,000 in sales being generated.
Fred. Olsen’s ‘Top Sellers’ for 2016 are as follows:
1. ‘German Waterways’
2. ‘Exploring the Fjords of Greenland’ (adults only)
3. ‘The Croatian & Italian Coast with Venice’
4. ‘Old England to New England’ (adults only)
5. ‘Maiden Call Mystery Cruise’ (adults only)
6. ‘The Wonders of Spitsbergen’
7. ‘Rivers of France & Spain’
8. ‘Islands of the Adriatic with Venice (adults-only)
9. ‘Barcelona, Monaco & the Island of Elba’
10. ‘Sun, Sea & Monaco Grand Prix’ (adults only)
The ‘Top Sellers’ for 2017 are as follows:
1. ‘Central America & Mardi Gras’ (adults only)
2. ‘The Best of the Caribbean’ fly-cruise
3. ‘Canaries & Madeira Winter Warmth’
4. ‘The Caribbean with Panama & Venezuela’
5. ‘Amazon River Adventure’ fly-cruise
Nathan Philpot, Sales and Marketing Director for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
“It is fair to say that we were expecting a very encouraging start to the launch of our exciting new 2016/17 cruise programme, but these levels of customer demand are quite unprecedented.
“What these excellent booking volumes show is that – as I said at our PR Launch event in London last week – Fred. Olsen is all about ‘destination, destination, destination’, and this is what cruise customers are most interested in. It is not about the ship; it is not about the amenities on board; it is about where guests can go and what they can experience.”
In 2016/17, Fred. Olsen will be visiting a record 253 ports in 84 countries around the globe. A key factor in Fred. Olsen’s booking success is its focus upon ‘bringing the world closer to you’, sailing from a total of ten convenient, regional UK departure ports: Southampton, Dover, Harwich, Tilbury, Falmouth – a new addition – Liverpool, Newcastle – where flagship Balmoral will be based in 2016 – Rosyth (for Edinburgh), Greenock (for Glasgow) and Belfast.
Coming in as the Number One best-seller in Fred. Olsen’s new 2016 cruise programme is Braemar’s ten-night ‘German Waterways’ cruise, which will sail along three German rivers – the Elbe, the Weser and the Trave – as well as taking in a canal and a fjord, at Flensburg.
To view the video of Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Nathan Philpot, Sales and Marketing Director, giving his presentation of Fred. Olsen’s exciting new itineraries for 2016/17, go to Fred. Olsen’s dedicated TV channel Fred. TV at http://www.cruisewithfred.tv/