Theale, United Kingdom, March 20, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- North Yorkshire Building Control Partnership (NYBCP) was the first local authority building control partnership in the UK, initially formed in 2001 to meet the challenges posed by Best Value and increasing private sector competition. The original partnership comprising Ryedale and Selby has subsequently expanded to provide building control services for Hambleton, Scarborough and Richmondshire councils.
– Disparate, incompatible application processing systems were used across the councils together with different Document Management Systems (DMS) with varying levels of integration and document availability
– Officers were expected to work across local authority boundaries on systems designed for individual geographic areas
– Officers required multiple security logins to access each of the individual systems
– IT services were provided by 5 different councils offering varying levels of service
– Increasing user frustration with the existing systems and process
NYBCP required a streamlined workflow process which eliminated previous wastage, reduced administrative input, increased digital service delivery and reduced predictable costs.
Idox worked with NYBCP to define and implement a single integrated information solution providing a common address gazetteer and building regulations approval processing system. The Idox solution enables the Partnership to provide an enhanced digital service, transforming Building Control community engagement, through functionality such as on-line application submission, tracking, consultation and access to related documentation.
Idox worked collaboratively with NYBCP to migrate the data held in 5 different systems into a single integrated solution to provide a seamless user journey.
Under the agreement, all software systems are hosted, managed and supported by Idox.
– £1m reduction in overall annual salary costs
– 38% of all applications are now received digitally using on line application forms
– 55% of all applications are received electronically. This includes on line form submissions and applications via email
– £7,000 per annum savings on printing, stationery and postage. Letters are produced electronically and plans or forms are rarely printed
– 60% reduction in administrative resource
– Automation efficiencies have eliminated virtually all paper, providing a single, end to end, integrated, electronic digital service accessible to any stakeholder from anywhere using any device
– Improved work/life balance as officers can work from home, remotely across the five areas with access to all of the data for the area covered by NYBCP
– Improved customer service delivery administrators are able to validate and process applications within 3-5 minutes
Les Chapman, NYBCP Head of Building Control commented:
"By having a clear vision and working closely with Idox and my colleagues at NYBCP we have been able to deliver that vision. The system implementation at NYBCP is one that I believe is an example that others could easily follow. It provides a shared service that is scalable and efficient. It is liked by users and provides staff with the satisfaction that they are able to get the job done in the most effective way possible. The project was implemented in a very short space of time and on budget. This was due to the effective way we worked together with Idox and our communications partner Razorblue."
Andrew Riley, Managing Director, Idox Public Sector Software commented:
"The outcomes delivered by NYBCP provide excellent examples of the efficiencies and service improvements achievable by aligning vision, determination and ambition with the capability of modern software and technology solutions.
"By joining together to offer a shared service and by working in partnership for many years, NYBCP and Idox have created a service capability that would not have been possible a few years ago. We look forward to a continuing relationship that will deliver additional service improvements in the future."
Read the full case study at: http://www.idoxgroup.com/case-studies/444-nybcp.html
About Idox plc:
Idox plc is a supplier of specialist information management solutions to the public sector and to highly regulated asset intensive industries around the world in the wider corporate sector.
Idox is the leading enabler of Building Control partnership working. As well as NYBCP, our clients include BCN Building Control (Derbyshire), CNC Building Control (South Norfolk), Devon Building Control, Gloucester and Stroud and many others. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers. Idox provides public sector organisations with tools to manage information and knowledge, documents, content, business processes and workflow as well as connecting directly with the citizen via the web, and providing elections management solutions.