St. Catharines, Canada, April 09, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- After several months of development and testing, Places4Students.com has launched a unique mobile app. This mobile app will enable students to search for off-campus accommodations, roommates or sublets directly on their smartphones. The mobile app is now available for download on iPhone and Android devices through their respective app stores.
The Places4Students mobile app is exclusively for students and aims to simplify the process for them to search for a rental unit. It will also help property owners, leasing managers and landlords to connect with potential tenants more efficiently; as students can contact them directly through the app. Landlords will still register and manage their online rental listings through the website, not the mobile app.
Over the past few years, there has been a dramatic increase in the amount of web-users who access Places4Students.com through their smartphones. The following data was collected over a one-year period, from January 1st, 2014 to January 1st, 2015, demonstrating the widespread use of mobile devices to access Places4Students.com:
· Total number of visits on a mobile device to the website: 186,080
· Total number of users who accessed the website on a mobile device: 92,565
· Average number of pages viewed per visit on a mobile device: 6.62
· Percentage of users who accessed the website on a mobile device: 18.67%
Some more in-depth information about usage:
· The most common operating system used to access the website through a mobile device was Apple iOS, with 69.09% of users. In second was Android with 26.68% of users.
· The most popular mobile devices used to access the website was Apple iPhone’s coming in at 43.81%, followed by Apple iPad’s at 24.25%.
· Only 1.44% of users accessing the website through a mobile device were using a Blackberry and only 2.06% for Windows mobile devices (the reason why this app is only available for Apple and Android devices).
Places4Students.com expects that mobile traffic will continue to grow in coming years, and this new app will improve the users’ experience on their mobile devices. “We are very excited to now offer our proven Off-Campus Housing Service into the hands of our users via a mobile app, allowing for convenience of use to students and accelerated rental leads for landlords,” said Darren Vanecko, President of Places4Students.com.
To learn more about the mobile app or to download it, please visit:
Apple App Store for iPhones: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/places4students/id931562882?ls=1&mt=8
Google Play Store for Androids: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.places4students.places4students