Xuhui, China, April 18, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Tax on Batteries and Paints Recently Announced
In January 2015, the Chinese Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation each announced a Notice to impose a consumption tax on specific types of batteries and paints. The 2 Notices, Tariff Number 4 of 2015 (1) and Tariff Number 16 of 2015 (2), impose a 4% consumption tax on such products.
Certain Batteries, Paints and Coatings Exempted
Under the new law, certain batteries, accumulators and paints are exempted from the consumption tax:
* Mercury-free batteries: Button cells with a mercury content of less than 0.0005% (lower than 5 mg/kg), or certain batteries with a mercury content of less than 0.0001% (lower than 1 mg/kg)
* Fuel cells
* Lithium primary
* Nickel metal hydride (nickel-hydrogen)
* Solar cells
* Vanadium redox flow
- Lead accumulators (until 31 December 2015)
- Paints / coatings with a volatile organic compounds (VOCs) concentration of less than 420 g/L
The new law took effect on 1 February 2015.
1) Tariff Number 4 of 2015 (Chinese only) (http://gss.mof.gov.cn/zhengwuxinxi/zhengcefabu/201501/t20150130_1186868.html)
2) Tariff Number 16 of 2015 (Chinese only) (http://hd.chinatax.gov.cn/guoshui/action/GetArticleView1.do?id=484929&flag=1)
About SGS Electrical and Electronics Services
Throughout its network of leading laboratories, SGS is able to provide analytical testing for mercury content in batteries and VOCs in paints for China and international markets.
The global footprint of SGS offers support in product compliance with global RoHS (http://www.sgs.com/rohs) (EU, China, Korea, US, etc.), REACH/SVHC (http://www.sgs.com/reach), textiles or hard-goods, CPSIA or other toy regulations and many more consumer product related requirements like packaging materials or battery requirements. Whether it is chemical testing or services in the fields of inspection, certification, compliance assurance, outsourcing, training or auditing, SGS is dedicated to satisfying its customers’ needs. Providing service to help create products fit for the market requirements of the future – whatever the legal framework might be.
Please contact the SGS experts for further information.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.