Lane Cove, Australia, May 23, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- What's New in this Release?
Aspose team is pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 8.3.0. It is ported from its equivalent .NET version; this month’s release introduces the same new features, enhancements and improvements. Application developers can now use Aspose.Tasks API for exporting Microsoft Project data to Primavera MPX format. Until now, the API only supported exporting project data to Primavera XML and XER formats. This month’s release introduces the capability of setting the start date of Gantt chart view while saving the file. The TimeScaleStart property exposed by Prj class allows setting the start date of Gantt chart view. However, if the saved file is opened by MSP in maximized window mode, the timescale start date will not match. This month’s release also provides support for reading/writing recurring task information. This enables to update recurring information of a task such as Occurrences count. The feature currently supports writing the information to output MPP file. At present, generation of recurring task’s children is not implemented yet and we plan to implement the feature in near future. This month’s release also includes a number of bugs that were fixed in the equivalent .NET version of the API. This also includes performance related issue while adding resource assignments to the project. In case users have got any query, please feel free to write to Aspose team over Aspose.Tasks forum. Aspose team will be glad to address these concerns and assist further. Below is the complete list of bug fixes and enhanced features included in this release.
• Implement reading recurring tasks data from mpp
• Implement recurring task data writing to mpp
• Option to convert MPP to MPX format
• Implement formula calculation
• Implement evaluation of functions in formulas
• Updating MPP raises ArgumentOutOfRangeException
• Provide option to set start date for GanttChart view while saving as MPP
• Normal tasks become summary task after saving the project by Aspose.Tasks
• MPP to XML issue
• TaskReadingException while loading MPP File
• Low performance of RescheduleUncompletedWorkToStartAfter method
• Slow performance with Resource Assignment
• Extended attribute values become combo box after saving MPP file by Aspose.Tasks
• Setting Actual Start of Task doesn't update Summary Task's "Actual Start" field
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Rendering Gantt Chart: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksjava/Rendering+Gantt+Chart
- Importing and Exporting Project Data to Primavera Format: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksjava/Importing+and+Exporting+Project+Data+to+Primavera+Format
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.
More about Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/project-management-component.aspx
- Download of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/dashboard.action
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Tasks for Java Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.tasks-product-family/96/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Tasks for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066