Brooklyn, NY, June 24, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- SugarBad announces their Summer Snapshot Tour 2015, taking their unique blend of classic soul and edgy rock and funk on the road.
"If you like the vintage sounds of Janelle Monae, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and Amy Winehouse, then you have a new group to add to your musical collection.” - Singersroom
SugarBad began as an instrumental house band at NYC’s 169 Bar, performing James Brown and Otis Redding hits for a rowdy after-hours crowd. After a fateful, spontaneous performance with St. Louis-bred front woman Lisa Ramey, a fast growing fan base began to build around SugarBad’s one-of-a-kind sound.
Unlike most typical funk-soul acts, SugarBad has all the intensity of a rock band, featuring anthemic vocals and horns, a powerful rhythm section, and funky guitar and organ based grooves. Ramey (Vocals), Aaron Rockers (Horns), Dave Mainella (Organ/Keys), Frank Cogliano (Guitar), Isaac Jaffe (Bass), Nick Myers (Saxophone), and Ryan Ramirez (drums) quickly evolved into a staple of the New York soul scene.
In the winter of 2015, SugarBad released their debut EP Up in the Clouds to rave reviews with packed performances at Brooklyn Bowl and Rockwood Music Hall and tour dates across the Northeast. The EP is available for download through iTunes and can be streamed in full on Spotify and Soundcloud.
Summer Snapshot Tour Dates:
● 6/26 Pittsburgh - Cattivo w/ Beauty Slap
● 6/27 Columbus - Brothers Drake Meadery w/ Rust Belt Rumble
● 6/28 St. Louis - Broadway Oyster Bar
● 6/29 St. Louis - The Muny
● 6/30 Louisville - The New Vintage
● 7/1 Indianapolis - Radio Radio w/ Bashiri Asad
● 7/2 Asheville - The Altamont Brewing Company
● 7/3 Washington D.C. - Tropicalia w/Tara Trinity Project