Denver, CO, June 25, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Benjamin Aiken, MA, NCC, MBA, announces the opening of his private psychotherapy practice serving adolescents, adults, and senior adults in the Golden Triangle neighborhood of downtown Denver. New clients and client referrals are now being accepted.
A Unique, Integrated Approach to Helping
Ben’s strengths-based and action-oriented approach to helping adolescents, adults, and senior adults is centered on a culturally competent, trauma-informed, and existentially oriented approach to counseling and psychotherapy. He emphasizes the person-to-person quality of the therapeutic relationship and integrates principles and techniques of Logotherapy, Narrative Therapy, and Mindfulness. He is also trained in the art of clinical hypnotherapy.
His integrated approach centers the person as the expert of her or his own life, and is premised on the notion that all individuals are motivated by a "will to meaning" – or by an inner pull to find meaning in their life. Through a respectful and non-blaming process, Ben’s goal is to help individuals become all that they are capable of becoming, in spite of life’s circumstances. This is accomplished by transmuting the effects of a problem by separating one’s identity from the problem for which assistance is sought and through examination of three perspectives on meaning, the most important of which is one’s own attitude and the manner in which one’s circumstances are faced.
Ben has experienced and observed that when one learns how to thrive in spite of their circumstances, the “will to become” is given new life and motivation to take meaningful action is energized on that basis.
Knowledgeably able to help adolescents, adults, and senior adults who are:
· Dealing with the effects of anxiety, anger, depression, or co-dependency issues
· Coping with trauma and its effects, including PTSD
· Battling addictions, or the effects of substance use on themselves or a loved one
· Confronting grief and loss, including animal bereavement
· Navigating gender and sexual identity or LGBTQ issues, or in need of guidance with the HRT-referral process
· Experiencing the effects of oppression or discrimination, or dealing with immigration and acculturation issues
· Going through a life transition or other significant adjustment
· Feeling overwhelmed or "stuck" in some area, or evaluating a career change or other major decision
· Seeking to find balance to enhance their overall enjoyment of life
· In search of a greater meaning or contemplating their purpose in life
Ben holds a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education from the University of Colorado Denver and is registered with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies as a Registered Psychotherapist. He also holds an MBA from California State University and a BA from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. He has lived abroad in South Africa and Israel, is conversational in Spanish and Hebrew, and has a rich multicultural perspective toward his self and others in the world. Ben is certified by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as a National Certified Counselor™ and is a Licensed Professional Counselor candidate.