Fontana, WI, June 27, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- At The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake, adventure, beauty, relaxation, and lasting tradition awaits guests. Activities, programming, and packages are being offered through the month of August for guests of all ages encouraging kids, teens, and adults alike to soak up every last drop of summer.
From limbo contests at the pool to science and space themed day camps, The Abbey Resort truly has something for every kid to enjoy.
· For the first time, this summer The Abbey Resort is hosting Discovery Day Camps from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. on select days for resort guests ages 5 to 8 years old, and another for those ages 9 to 12. Each camp is themed; Tuesdays feature extensive arts and crafts, Thursdays offer nature and wildlife activities, Fridays focus on sports and games, and Sundays feature science and space programming. The cost, which includes materials, snacks, and a sandwich bar for lunch, is $45 or $40 for reservations made at least two weeks in advance. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Activities Department at (262) 275-9901.
· The Abbey Resort features two different outdoor pools that are nestled between a courtyard where yard games such as bags, badminton, and giant bubbles can be enjoyed by guests at their leisure. Additionally, during summer afternoons The Abbey’s Agents of Fun facilitate Courtyard Capades from 2 until 5 p.m., encouraging guests to compete in limbo, water balloon volleyball, diving contests, and more!
· While summer days are spent enjoying the pools, day camps, or complimentary access at Fontana Beach, the fun continues into the evening with kid- and teen-friendly Summer Nights programming including the Teen Cave, Flick ‘N Float Movies, Minute to Win It Games, Twilight Craft Time, Glow-in-the-Dark Pool Time, both early and late movie showings, and of course, complimentary nightly snacks.
Summer certainly is not just for kids. With ample childcare available, adults can enjoy some rest and relaxation at the adults-only indoor and outdoor pools, spa and golf specials, sipping cocktails at sunset, and more.
· The Summer Nights Wine Dinner Series features stunning sunset and harbor views paired with spectacular cuisine and wine, all set outdoors on the picturesque Abbey Harbor Lawn. Each event features a different menu and winery. The series will be offered July 23, and August 27 at 6:30 p.m. on the Harbor Lawn. Reservations are required for the event, which is open to the public.
· A seasonal favorite for resort gusts and day visitors alike is the Avani Spa Paddle and Pedi package, featuring a two-hour stand-up paddle board session on the lake, followed by 50-minutes of pure relaxation with the signature Avani Spa pedicure. Additional seasonal services such as the Lake Breeze manicure or pedicure, and the Summer Flame Massage are also available at Avani Spa.
· The Stay and Play golf package is also a summer favorite, which includes overnight accommodations and greens fees at the neighboring championship Abbey Springs Golf Course.
· The Abbey Resort is pleased to announce Rainbow Point Round-Up, a no-hassle, low-cost childcare service available to resort guests every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. throughout the summer months. Parents are invited to place their children ages 12 and younger in care at Rainbow Point Round-Up where they can enjoy crafts, games, activities, and snacks for a cost of just $5 per child per hour. Additional childcare hours are available on-site seven days a week by advance reservation.
Fun for the Whole Family:
A bit of age-specific programming is always fun, but summer vacation is truly about the family spending time together which is why The Abbey encourages lasting memories and traditions for its guests through ample family-friendly activities and perks.
· At The Abbey, the longer a family stays the more they save. A Three-night Extended Stay begins at just $119 per night. Or, a family can upgrade to the Family Value package, which begins at just $129 per night and includes perks for the kids such as complimentary breakfast, arcade tokens, and a Geneva Cruise Lines boat tour when accompanied by adults.
· Each night of the week at The Abbey features activities, movies, and snacks as part of the resort’s Summer Nights events! Children, families, and couples are invited to gather around to enjoy the sunset, lakeside breezes, and snacks such as Starlight S’mores and Old Fashioned Floats as another day at the lake comes to a close.
· Guests can spend their downtime together enjoying complimentary on-site amenities such as hiking, biking, board games, disc golf, sand volleyball, lawn games, scavenger hunts and more.
· Additionally, The Abbey offers access to traditional Lake Geneva activities such as shopping, sight-seeing, boat and bike rentals, and adventure activities like zip-lining and canopy tours.
For complete details about summer activities, packages, and rates or to book a stay, please visit http://www.theabbeyresort.com or call 1-800-709-1323.
About The Abbey Resort and Avani Spa:
Located just 80 miles from downtown Chicago and 50 miles from Milwaukee, The Abbey Resort and Avani Spa is a treasured icon and the only full-service resort on the shores of Lake Geneva.