Denver, CO, July 29, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Shea McGrath, Denver wedding photographer, recently provided essential beauty tips to brides-to-be as she prepares for engagement and wedding photographs.
“Many women come to me with makeup question when preparing for photographs so I often provide them with these basic tips before the engagement or wedding shoot. Sometimes it’s not a matter of overdoing, but simple adjustments are suggested.”
1. Spray tan two days prior to the photos will give skin a glowing effect without the sun-damaged risks inherent with sun booths.
2. Manicure and pedicure before the big day with gel nail polish. This type of polish is durable as it remains intact for two weeks. Avoid bold colors. They can be very distracting in photographs.
3. Invest in waterproof mascara. Weddings are known for crying. Photographs with mascara tracks do not make the best pictures.
4. Do not wash your hair a day or two before getting it styled. The natural oils actually help the hair stay styled longer and keep a nice shine for the photographs.
5. Do not skimp on using a primer. Makeup will stay on longer, will look smoother, and more natural. Make sure your skin is clean and well-moisturized before applying makeup. Never apply foundation with your fingers. Always use a clean brush or sponge.
6. Do not overuse the blush. Use a cream blush for a natural look. Smiling will help identify the peak of your cheeks and blend to your temple.
7. Use lip balm then lipstick. This will keep your lips moist. Then use a lip pencil to keep the color longer.
8. Invest in oil-absorbing wipes. Oil-blotting tissues are great during photo shoots, so don’t forget to stow a few away.
Shea McGrath Photography is relocating to Denver, Colorado and is now accepting bookings for weddings, engagements, and lifestyle portraits starting in September 2015.
About Shea McGrath Photography:
Shea McGrath Photography is developing a reputation as an intuitive and kinesthetic photographic artist. McGrath is often asked to photograph for personal events, such as weddings, as well as for the health & beauty, and fashion industries. According to McGrath, “What started as a hobby and avocation in college has quickly turned into a passion and profession. Invited to be part of those special moments in people’s lives is joyful and allows me to capture happiness. Clients feel comfortable and have a great time when on one of these photo shoots. Many clients have shared they had so much fun during the session, they forgot there was a camera around.”
Shea McGrath Photography (www.sheamcgrath.com) is a professional photography company specializing in natural light photography helping people to celebrate life events such as weddings, graduations, engagements, Bar Mitzvahs & Bat Mitzvahs, Quinceañeras, and all lifestyle celebrations. Her work style is quickly gaining attention for product, fashion, and beauty photography as well. McGrath is now recognized worldwide as a portrait, nature, and industry photographer for over a decade. Follow Shea McGrath Photography on Twitter @shea_mcgrath, like on Facebook at facebook.com/sheamcgrathphotography, or Instagram @sheamcgrathphotography.