Cardiac Life Stresses the Need for CPR Training in Rochester
Cardiac Life, an American Heart Association training center and AED distributor in East Rochester, is in the midst of its most successful year of CPR training. CPR training is a vital skill and at the heart of Cardiac Life's mission to empower others to save lives. When effective bystander CPR is administered after Sudden Cardiac Arrest, the victim's chance of survival increases dramatically.
How does Cardiac Life measure success? They celebrate success with every person that leaves one of their training classes with the confidence to save a life. They are teaching healthcare professionals, parents, teachers, lifeguards and even teens who have the desire to become CPR certified.
Throughout June, July and August, 90 percent of CPR students were future members of the healthcare system. These are individuals who have chosen to devote themselves to caring for others as a career. Most have been accepted into nursing programs at local colleges and universities. The remaining 10 percent of students are currently employed as healthcare professionals, who have chosen to come back to Cardiac Life to re-certify their CPR skills.
At Cardiac Life, they stress the importance of effective bystander response. According to the American Heart Association, when bystander CPR is provided immediately after Sudden Cardiac Arrest, the victim’s chance of survival can double or triple. Unfortunately, only 32 percent of Sudden Cardiac Arrest victims receive bystander CPR. Cardiac Life aims to empower the residents of Rochester to save lives, and that means proper CPR training that results in the confidence to react quickly and effectively.
Anyone can learn CPR, and anyone can be a hero.
As New York State legislation continues to require more and more citizens to be trained in CPR, Cardiac Life is excited to offer training to all those seeking classes.
Help Cardiac Life with its mission to train Rochester residents and sign up for a CPR class today.
Visit cardiaclife.net/cpr-certification-ny to sign up for a public training class.