Gaithersburg, MD, September 02, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- GL Communications Inc., announced today its latest product IP Multimedia Subsystem Network Simulation referred to as MAPS™ SIP IMS test suite.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Karthik Ramalingam, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said, “Internet Protocol (IP) Multimedia Subsystem, popularly known as 'IMS,' is built on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) as the base to further support packaging of voice, video, data, fixed, and mobile services on a single platform to end users. It provides a unique convergence platform for different types of networks – whether it is mobile, satellite, broadband, cable, and fixed networks, with a goal of building an efficient interoperating networks.”
He added, “GL’s MAPS™ SIP IMS test suite provides an advanced full-fledged network environment that enables user to test their applications, devices, and services prior to deployment on a real-time network. It can be used to simulate all or specific elements within IMS network infrastructure using simple ready-to-use test bed setups. The network architecture shown above outlines the IMS Core Network elements which can be simulated using GL'sMAPS™ SIP IMS test suite.”
Mr. Ramalingam further added, “MAPS™ SIP IMS test suite is capable of simulating multiple UEs and IMS core elements such as P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF, PCRF, MGCF. With the help of mobile phones, and other simulated wireless networks, the VoLTE Lab setup can be operated in real-time for making VoLTE calls and also for interworking with PSTN and VoIP networks. It includes ready-to-use scripts, as per IETF specification. Test scripts include general messaging and call flow scenarios for multimedia call session setup and control over IP networks. Logging and pass/fail results are also reported. Test cases verify conformance of actions such as registration, call control, proxies and other servers.
“The application gives the users the unlimited ability to edit protocol specific messages and control scenarios (message sequences). 'Message sequences' are generated through scripts. 'Messages' are created using message templates.”
He added, “GL also provides an All-IP Packet Analyzer - PacketScan™ for real-time capture, decode, and monitoring of the SIP signalling and RTP media on live IMS networks.”
· Simulates P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF, PCRF, HSS, BGCF, MGCF elements in LTE IMS network supporting Cx/Dx, Rx, Gx, Gm, Mw, SGi, Mi, and Mj interfaces
· Simulate multiple UEs
· Supports both signaling and traffic simulation (RTP and GTP from simulated UE's) between any two IMS nodes
· Supports simulation of core network, Access network, roaming architecture, interworking with other networks
· Complete IMS lab for End to End test solution
· Test environment allows user to test each IMS network elements independently using single interface simulation or multi interface simulation
· Any of the network element within the lab environment can be replaced by DUT to test particular node working
· Integrate IMS core network easily with 2G, 3G, 4G or any PSTN networks to test any call scenario using remote MAPS™
· Build customized call scenarios as MAPS™ provides complete script based solution
· Test any applications or services using IMS core network
· Remote control/monitor all the interwork interfaces and elements using Remote MAPS™ application
· Cost effective solution
About GL Communications Inc.,
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP, and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remote operation, and scripting.
Our test solutions cover wide array of networks – 4G (LTE), 3G, 2G, IP, Ethernet, T1, T3, E1, E3, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, and analog. GL’s tools are widely used by the telecommunication industry for: conformance testing, automated stress/load testing, and performance assessment, and analysis. For more information about GL’s complete line of products,
E-mail: info at gl.com