Seattle, WA, September 03, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- This minor update fixes several bugs in the latest Daminion 4.0 version and adds support for previously unsupported formats (Microsoft PowerPoint Show (.pps, .ppsx) and Text formats (.txt, .rtf).
- Added support for Microsoft PowerPoint Show formats (files with .pps and .ppsx extensions)
- Added support for Text documents (files with .txt and .rtf extensions)
- Fixed bug that prevented azman.xml files from being found when Active Directory security mode was selected in the Daminion Server preferences
- Fixed bug when PSD files were not exported to JPEG format when original size was specified in the export preset
- Fixed bug with dragging root level tags into the Tag tree
- Fixed bug with Checking Out items in Thumbnail Browser
- .xmp sidecars are now exported along with the original files
- Fixed bug when "SQL logic error or missing database no such column: m.LinkedInCount" error messages were displayed when opening some catalogs created in earlier versions of Daminion.
- Fixed bug when some hotkeys didn't work properly in Full Screen mode (Enter, Ctrl + numbers, Numbers)
- Only editable tags (like Descriptions, Keywords, etc...) can now be marked as Unapproved
- “The main purpose of this latest release was to address several minor bugs in Daminion 4.0. However, in response to a number of user requests we also took this opportunity to add support for several previously unsupported media formats,” said Daminion Software Technical Director Alex Syukosev.
Daminion 4.0 is compatible with and verified for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (R2) and Mac OS (via the Parallels Desktop).
Installing and Usage
Daminion 4.0 (Server and Standalone versions) is available for immediate download from the company’s website. It takes only a few minutes to install and doesn’t require any special administrative knowledge. The Daminion website has a series of textual and video tutorials to help you get started quickly.
Availability and Usage
Full featured 30-days trial of the Daminion Server 4.0 is available for immediate download from Daminion.net. The Daminion Standalone version has the free edition that is limited by the catalog’s capacity. Daminion is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Slovenian, Dutch and now in Italian language.
Daminion Server pricing starts from $99 US for non commercial usage by individuals and $999 US for teams (3 concurrent connections). Competitive upgrade rebate is offered for all competing products. Daminion 4.0 is available for purchase at the Daminion online store.
Since its first release in 2010, Daminion has been helping small teams and creative professionals to save time when searching for and reusing their digital assets. Daminion creates a centralized repository from which an entire team of users working on multiple computers can access all digital assets – photos, presentations, logos, brochures etc – from a single point, thus avoiding the unnecessary duplication and storage of digital assets.
About Daminion Software
Founded in 1999, Daminion Software (formerly known as PicaJet.com) is a fast-growing company with offices in the USA, Canada, Germany, Russia and South Africa. The company’s flagship product, Daminion, has been developed on the basis of experience gained from more than 15 years in the digital asset management (DAM) industry.