Chicago, IL, September 14, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Green City Market Junior Board present its ever-so-local and seasonal fall fundraiser, A (Mostly) Veggie Affair: Cheat on Meat or Go Whole Beast!, at Moonlight Studios (1446 W, Kinzie St. Chicago, IL 60642) on Friday, October 2.
Throughout the evening, guests will enjoy a walk-around stationed tasting, featuring local chefs' all-vegetable dishes made with Green City Market vendor produce. Complementing the array of delicious vegetarian fare, Green City Market Board Junior Board member chefs, Jared Batson (The Nomad Food Company), Scott Manley (Table, Donkey & Stick), and David Ochs (Maple & Ash) will prepare dishes made from three whole animals so guests can “Cheat on Meat or Go Whole Beast!”
This year, the event introduces a VIP hour from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in which a limited number of guests will have early access to try the offerings of the chefs, bartenders and brewers participating. The event begins at 7 p.m. and runs until 11 p.m. Tickets are $75 for General Admission and $95 for VIP. Tickets are available on Eventbrite at: http://bit.ly/1NFOb9q or can be purchased in person at the Green City Market info booth in Lincoln Park on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and at Fulton Market on Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.,
· Jared Batson (The Nomad Food Company)
· Scott Manley (Table Donkey and Stick)
· David Ochs (Maple & Ash)
· Eric Mansavage (Farmhouse)
· Nathan Sears (The Radler)
· Chris Davies (Homestead on the Roof)
· Paul Virant (Vie/Perennial Virant/Vistro)
· Lawrence Letrero (Sable)
· Andres Padilla (Xoco)
· Aya Fukai (Sixteen at The Trump) (Desserts)
· And more to come!
· Will Duncan (Punch House)
· Billy Helmkamp (The Whistler)
· Chef Riley Huddleston (I|O at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago)
· Freddie Sarkis (Broken Shaker)
· Spirits donated by CH Distillery, Rhine Hall Distillery and New Holland Artisan Spirits
· Moody Tongue Brewing Company
· Virtue Cider
A (Mostly) Veggie Affair is generously sponsored by Midwest Foods.
Proceeds benefit the Green City Market and its mission to provide a marketplace for purchasing sustainably grown food and to educate, promote and connect farmers and local producers directly to chefs, restaurateurs, and the greater Chicago community.