St. Louis, MO, October 11, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Travelers Protective Association (TPA), a fraternal benefit society, recently celebrated its 125th anniversary. Founded in 1890, TPA’s national headquarters is located at 2041 Exchange Dr. in St. Charles, Mo.
The organization started as a group of traveling salesmen who wanted to help others. There were no paid salespeople or recruitment costs from the start. It featured members who volunteered their efforts to help others while perpetuating the notion that family and community came first and foremost.
Today the association is licensed in 29 states and has over 24,000 members, which includes more than 17,000 members who have been a part of the organization for over 25 years. TPA offers fraternalism to its members, as well as participation in safety projects and community service. The association provides accident, disability and death benefits to both its members and their beneficiaries.
“This is a monumental achievement for our association, and we look forward to many more years of success,” said TPA’s Chief Administrative Officer Albert M. Shoemaker, Jr. He added that it is the “members and their communities who have supported TPA’s mission and contributed to our longevity.”
TPA established The Homer T. Wilson Fund, which provides emergency financial aid and is designated for indigent members, widows, widowers and orphans. TPA also offers the Scholarship Trust for the Hearing Impaired, which has allocated more than $2 million to approximately 5,000 recipients. The association is also involved with Children Have An iDentity (CHAD), a local and national level safety sticker program.
For more information, call (636) 724-2227.