Birmingham, United Kingdom, October 28, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Safeguarding Adults
Monday 23rd November 2015 – Birmingham
This conference has an attached half-day briefing:
Delivering Safeguarding Adults Reviews
Tuesday 24th November 2015 – Birmingham
Attend both events and receive a 20% discount*
Chaired by Mike Briggs, Joint Chair, National Safeguarding Adults Policy Network, ADASS
Six months into the implementation phase of the Care Act, this conference comes at a critical time for care practitioners. The need to review and develop procedures is crucial to ensure that the legislation is being adhered to and high quality, personalised care is being delivered.
Reductions in health and social care budgets mean it is imperative that funding is maximised. This multi-agency event provides the tools to develop joined-up, streamlined services while continuing to provide effective care and support.
Attendees will update their knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and learn from best practice to improve care and protection strategies for adults.
Expert speakers confirmed:
· Sarah Mitchell, Director of Towards Excellence in Adult Social Care (TEASC), LGA
· Janice Waters, National Professional Advisor, Safeguarding, Care Quality Commission
· Hugh Constant, Practice Development Manager, Social Care Institute for Excellence
· Alan Lotinga, Service Director Health and Wellbeing, Birmingham City Council
and Independent Chair, Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board
· Sharn Basra, Detective Superintendent and Head of Public Protection Unit,
· Mark Henderson, Director of Housing Operations, Wolverhampton Homes
· Alison Byrne, Specialist FGM Midwife and Member, FGM National Clinical Group
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=SafeguardingAdultsNov15.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org