Edinburgh, United Kingdom, October 28, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Improving Outcomes for Looked After Children and Young People
Thursday 26th November 2015 – Edinburgh
Chaired by Jennifer Davidson, Director, CELCIS
About the conference:
With Corporate Parenting now on a statutory footing and the Scottish Government expected to announce details of an updated Looked After Children Strategy imminently, this conference is an opportunity to ensure all organisations can fulfil the new statutory requirements.
As the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 demands greater consideration of permanence planning and extends the right to stay in continuing care and receive aftercare support, this forum demonstrates best practice approaches amongst all agencies involved in promoting the welfare of children in and leaving care.
Delegates will be able to take away successful partnership approaches for promoting a holistic, child-centred, inclusive way of working and secure long-term positive outcomes for looked after children and young people.
· David Blair, Acting Deputy Director, Looked After Children, Strategic Commissioning,
The Scottish Government
· Gary Ogilvie, Chief Inspector, Dundee Local Policing Area Commander, Police Scotland
· Boyd McAdam, National Convenor and Chief Executive, Children’s Hearings Scotland
· Jenny Kane, Team Manager, Care Leaving Services, Falkirk Council and Board Member, Scottish Throughcare and Aftercare Forum
· Charley Buchan, Wider Access Project Officer, Robert Gordon University
· Gillian Griffin, Head of Student Services, North East Scotland College
· Mark Ballard, Head of Policy, Barnardo's Scotland
· David Wright, Service Manager, Education and Children's Services, Fife Council
and Members, 2BHeard Forum
· Hilary Thomson, Headteacher, St Michael’s Primary School
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=Improving_Outcomes_for_Looked_After_Children _Scotland.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – email@example.com / 020 7202 0571