Torrance, CA, November 12, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Chinese Community Church of South Bay, located in the Torrance area of Los Angeles County, will be hosting an Operation Christmas Child Gift Wrapping Party, as an annual community service project in support of Samaritan’s Purse, on Friday, November 13th from 7:30pm to 9pm.
In this program, shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies will be sent to children in need. Since 1993, Samaritan’s Purse has delivered shoebox gifts packed by caring people to millions of children around the world. These gifts may change children lives and there are few better ways to tangibly demonstrate God’s love. Getting started is easy. First, select an empty shoe box or a small plastic box. If the box is to be wrapped, the box and lid should be covered separately. Decide whether the gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age categories are 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Appropriate label will be provided at the gift wrapping party. Everyone is welcome to bring his own gifts but additional gifts and wrapping paper will be provided by Chinese Community Church of South Bay. Suggested gifts include:
• Toys: include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
• School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
• Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
• Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
• A Personal Note: A personal note and photo be may be included. Name and address may also be included so that the child will be able to write back.
• Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Lastly, pray and include a $7 check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) to cover the shipping cost and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside the shoebox. These shoeboxes will be sent to Samaritan’s Purse during their National Collection Week.
The Operation Christmas Child Gift Wrapping Party will be conducted at the Chinese Community Church of South Bay (25420 Narbonne Avenue, Lomita, CA 90717). Everyone is welcome to join the Operation Christmas Child Gift Wrapping Party. For more information about this event, please visit the Chinese Community Church of South Bay’s website at http://www.cccsb.com/ or contact its office at (310) 326-7905.
About the Chinese Community Church of South Bay
The Chinese Community Church of South Bay is a Christian church located in the Torrance area of Los Angeles. It is a multi-ethnic, multicultural church where people of all nations can feel at home. The Chinese Community Church of South Bay is serving the Los Angeles area, with most of its congregation members coming from Torrance, Redondo Beach, Lomita, Harbor City, San Pedro, Palos Verdes and Rolling Hills.