Iselin, NJ, November 26, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- With exponential growth of b"ologics and protein-based products, demand for pre-filled syringes (PFS) is growing on an exponential scale. As such, the global pre-filled syringes (PFS) market is presenting lucrative opportunities for both pharma and device companies - the investment forecast expects to exceed $6.6.bn by 2020. According to a recent study led by Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) in Boston*, switching to PFS can also cut related costs by almost 50%, equivalent to $162,000 in savings.
While we have witnessed booming investments in PFS, pharma and device manufacturers still need to overcome a number of challenges to commercialize PFS. It also faces fierce competition with innovative drug delivery platforms. Hence, developing a drug-compatible and patient-centric PFS remain top priority amongst market participants.
Emulating the previous success of the 2015 show, the 3rd annual “Pre-Filled Syringes East Coast” event, will delve further into the core issues of PFS including: human factor engineering; PFS material selection and GMP compliance; compatibility and injectability considerations for complex biologics and combination product.
The agenda is available to download online at www.pfsamericas.com/prcom
• Stephen Barat, Executive Director, Non-Clinical & Translational Sciences, Safety Assessment & Bioanalysis, Allergan
• Ravi S. Harapanhalli Ph.D., Principal, FDAPharma Consulting LLC
• Mathias Romacker, Senior Director, Device Strategy, Pfizer
• Dr. Paolo Mangiagalli, Senior Director, Head PFS Platform, Sanofi
• Ken Wong, Deputy Director, MTech/ Process Technology – Extractables & Leachables, Sanofi Pasteur
• Carsten Worsoe, Principal Scientist, CMC Analytical Support, Novo Nordisk A/S
• Dr. Shawn Davis, Principal Engineer, Device Strategy, Amgen
• Mohammed Umar, Principal Technical Manager, Quality Engineering, Genentech
• Jason Lipman, Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Devices & Combination Products, Janssen R&D, LLC
For the full speaker line up visit the event website on www.pfsamericas.com/prcom
Attendees will also have the option to participate in two post-conference workshops.
1. The Pre-Filled Syringe as a System: Human Factors Considerations for PFS Development and Regulatory Submission led by Melanie Turieo, Associate Director, Medical Technology, Cambridge Consultants
2. Combination Rule and CMC Considerations for PFS and Autoinjectors led by Ravi S. Harapanhalli, Ph.D., Principal, FDAPharma Consulting LLC
For more information about the workshops or to register please visit www.pfsamericas.com/prcom
For those who are interested in attending there is currently a $400 early bird available online.
3rd annual Pre-Filled Syringes East Coast Conference and Exhibition
25th - 26th April 2016
Iselin, New Jersey, USA
Sponsored by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical, Nemera, Noxilizer, Terumo Corporation, West Pharmaceutical Services Inc and Zeon
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk