London, United Kingdom, November 28, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Respiratory diseases represent an enormous and increasing healthcare and economic burden across Europe and USA.
Over the last few years, significant improvements in the management of asthma and COPD have been made, owing to new drugs, strategies and to the development of the nonpharmacologic treatment of COPD. Nevertheless, there are still many unmet needs in the treatment of these diseases.
The conference will explore innovative asthma and COPD drug development programmes, directives and procedures which have been put in place to reduce the enormous suffering from lung disease and its high mortality.
Keynote speakers for 2016 include:
• (Chairman) - Ewan Walters, Medical Director, Teva UK
• Peter Daley-Yates, Director Clinical Pharmacology, GSK
• Andy Kenwright, Senior Statistical Scientist, Roche Pharma
• Jan Olof Svensson, Principal Scientist, AstraZeneca
• Roland Kolbeck, Senior Director, MedImmune
• Nayna Govind, Director for the Development of Generic Inhalation Products, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
• Konstantinos Kostikas, Medical Director Respiratory, Novartis
For more information, to review the full agenda or to register please visit the event website at www.asthma-copd.co.uk/prcom
Highlights of Asthma & COPD 2016 include:
• Discuss the challenges for generic inhalation products for EU and US markets
• Gain insight into scientific aspects of quality regulations in respiratory drug development
• Review innate lymphocytes (ILC) in COPD
• Learn about "first in class" inhaled drugs for the treatment of COPD and cystic fibrosis
• Explore corticosteroid insensitivity in severe asthma
• Study formulation and process of inhaled products
• Analyse clinical development of generic
In addition to the conference, the event will feature 2 interactive half-day post-conference workshops held on the 13th April 2016.
1. Human factors and inhaler handling studies
Workshop Leader: Stefan Leiner, Chemical - Pharmaceutical Expert, Boehringer Ingelheim
2. Pragmatic compliance remediation - how to get your marketed product into shape?
Workshop Leader: Mark Chipperfield, Principal Consultant, Corvus Device Limited
For more information or to register visit the event website at www.asthma-copd.co.uk/prcom
To take advantage of the EARLY BIRD OFFER register before the 18th December 2015 to save £400 off the conference price.
For delegate enquiries contact Matthew Apps +44 (0) 20 7827 6093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship opportunities contact Alia Malick on +44 (0) 20 7827 6168 or email: email@example.com
For media enquiries contact Anna Serazetdinova on +44 (0) 20 7827 6180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
12th annual Asthma & COPD conference and exhibition
11th – 12th April 2016
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Contact number: +44 (0) 20 7827 6093
Event Website: www.asthma-copd.co.uk/prcom