Denver, CO, January 21, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- DSR Corporation (DSR), a US-based software company and industry leader for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, is pleased to announce the official release of ZigBee® 3.0 support for IEEE 802.15.4 wireless firmware. The ZigBee 3.0 standard was recently ratified by the ZigBee Alliance in December 2015. This new support is the latest revision of the industry-proven DSR ZigBee stack product branded ZBOSS, originally released in 2009. ZBOSS 3.0 is part of DSR’s IoTicity™ portfolio of products and services supporting numerous IoT applications and development efforts.
Recognizing the power and simplicity that ZigBee 3.0 provides showcased the need to immediately offer support for ZigBee 3.0. ZigBee 3.0 is rapidly becoming the core of interoperability in connected environments. Not only does ZigBee 3.0 unify existing ZigBee ecosystems and networks, it is also bridging the gap with other standards that will need to coexist and interoperate with ZigBee. For instance, with exciting new collaboration partnerships forged by the ZigBee Alliance with other standards bodies such as the EnOcean Alliance and the Thread Group, ZigBee 3.0 interoperability will extend even further and coexist with numerous ecosystems under development and in use today.
“We firmly believe that ZigBee 3.0 offers us the breakthrough in interoperability that this space has been waiting for,” explains Anatoli Pechkov, CEO of DSR. “Via the wisdom of the ZigBee Alliance to not only unify the underlying application profiles in this new ZigBee standard, but to also include backwards compatibility with existing ZigBee profiles that are already being used in the field, we are very optimistic that this will have an immediate and substantial impact for users of ZigBee technology worldwide. We also expect to see much more rapid adoption and overall success in enabling products to use ZigBee technology and meeting customer needs in a more superior way.”
DSR will offer ZBOSS 3.0 to its semiconductor partners that provide IEEE 802.15.4 chipsets to the public as well as device manufacturers who integrate these chipsets into their IoT products. There are numerous companies today that rely on DSR wireless firmware stacks such as ZBOSS to develop reliable IoT devices and to rapidly bring their product offerings to market.
DSR has years of experience in providing production grade wireless firmware and custom solutions for device manufactures and semiconductor partners. ZBOSS and DSR software can be found in a range of products from numerous companies including gateways, sensors, USB dongles, and smart plugs. A notable number of products are waiting to be certified with this new ZigBee 3.0 enabled ZBOSS firmware stack in 2016.
Features of ZBOSS 3.0 / ZigBee 3.0
* Supports IEEE 802.15.4 chipsets that operate at either the global 2.4 GHz frequency standard or regional <1GHz frequencies.
* Delivers all the features of ZigBee technology by unifying the ZigBee application standards found in tens of millions of devices while providing backwards compatibility with those same devices in operation today.
* Defines more than 130 device profiles and inherently offers the widest range of device types including home automation, connected lighting, retail services, smart appliances, sensors, security, and health monitoring. It supports both easy-to-use DIY installations as well as professionally installed systems. All current device types, commands, and functionality defined in current ZigBee PRO-based standards (ZBOSS 2.0) are available.
* Supports the ZigBee GreenPower feature which allows for battery-less operation via energy harvesting power sources.
* Uses multi-hop mesh networking which further extends the reach of networks and provides redundant communication paths to eliminate single points of failure.
* Supports networks with thousands of nodes operating within and provides management of these nodes with tools such as over-the-air (OTA) firmware update.
About DSR Corporation: DSR is a professional software and product development firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado. DSR has been developing products in wireless technology since 2001 and has been releasing cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) systems since 2006. DSR IoT offerings include complete IoT Cloud Framework, firmware for Home Automation devices, low-cost gateway and gateway manager, and embedded application firmware stacks, and mobile and web applications. For business and home automation product designers, DSR can add ZigBee functionality to most devices within a matter of days. For more information, visit us at www.ioticity.solutions.
ZigBeeⓇ is a registered trademark of the ZigBee Alliance.