Boulder, CO, February 18, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Optica Technologies and DTS Software, Inc., announce the introduction of the zVT Control Center (ZCC), a product designed to meet the needs of enterprise data centers using Optica Technologies’ (zVT) family of mainframe virtual tape systems.
ZCC includes five related components that provide a full range of features designed to help in providing smooth and efficient installation, operation, and exploitation of one or more zVT virtual tape systems.
• ZCC Management Director provides a robust and easy-to-use command and monitoring interface for the zVT. Commands and queries can be issued directly to the zVT via a graphical interface, ISPF/TSO, z/OS system consoles or a batch job. The ZCC Management Director Monitor includes an SNMP and channel interface to capture zVT events and to provide notifications via logs, messages, email, etc.
• ZCC Allocation Director ensures that tape mount requests are automatically directed to the proper zVT unit, eliminating the need for OAM or SMS - management of zVT tapes, and eliminating the need for JCL changes. ZCC Allocation Director also provides policies for scratch, multivolume, and unit-affinity requests to the zVT.
• ZCC Migration Manager automates and manages the migration of tape libraries via the ZVTCOPY program to clone tapes to a zVT library. The ZCC Migration Manager updates the zVT inventory automatically, making exact volume copies so that tape management system updates are not required.
• ZCC Load Balancer optimizes I/O performance and eliminates bottlenecks, hot spots, and inefficiencies that can occur when multiple zVT nodes are present. ZCC Load Balancer provides device selection algorithms that automatically allow mount requests to be spread across multiple nodes.
• ZCC Library Management Utility provides an interface to easily allow direct batch updates to zVT virtual tapes. The ZCC Library Management Utility includes functions such as SCRATCH/UNSCRATCH, ERASE, DELETE, and others which operate directly on the zVT inventory.
Michael Dailey, COO and VP of Worldwide Sales, said, “We’re excited about our partnership with DTS and the zVT Control Center Product. ZCC provides significant benefits to larger, enterprise class users of zVT and users planning to migrate to zVT from other platforms.” “zVT Control Center was designed to provide enterprise level migration, setup and management tools for larger, more complex zVT customer environments,” said Don Thimsen, President of DTS.
DTS Software and Optica Technologies Incorporated are exhibiting at the SHARE Conference in San Antonio from February 29 – March 2, 2016.
About DTS Software
DTS Software, Inc is recognized worldwide as a leader in enterprise storage management technology. Specializing in products for the z/OS, Hitachi VOS3, and Fujitsu MSP operating systems, DTS Software products provide superior function and features that allow managers and users to more effectively utilize their investment in storage systems. The company was founded in 1991 and currently has over 1000 customers in the US, Canada, Europe, and the Far East.
To learn more about DTS and its products:
Please visit www.DTSsoftware.com or call 770-922-2444
About Optica Technologies Incorporated
Optica Technologies is a privately held corporation headquartered in Boulder, CO. The company is a recognized leader in developing connectivity and storage solutions for the mainframe. Optica’s products are installed in thousands of mainframe datacenters worldwide.
To learn more about Optica and its products:
Please visit www.opticatech.com or call 800-953-4773.