London, United Kingdom, March 02, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Following the success of previous events, SMi’s 6th Biobanking conference returns to London in June. The conference agenda is released and registration is now live on the website at http://www.bio-banking-event.com/prcom.
The upcoming proposed Data Protection Regulation in the EU is the culmination of biobanking operations and will constitute a new legal framework if and once passed by the European Commission. As such, this year’s Biobanking Conference will focus on the potential changes and impacts of maintaining a sustainable biobanking infrastructure, harmonisation and interaction between biobanks across UK, Europe and the world.
Expert speaker panel line-up includes MHRA, the European Commission, UK Biobank, Roslin Cell Sciences, European Culture Collection ECACC, and other leading European Biobanks.
You can download the conference brochure and register online at www.bio-banking-event.com/prcom to save £400.
Key benefits of attending 2016:
• Spotlight session - Creating a biobank for drug discovery
• Hear latest updates on Data Protection Act from European Commission and UK Biobank
• Learn about the integration of biobanking in drug development
• Obtain an overview of how to build a model of next generation biobank
• Discover the latest updates on biobanking in the 21st Century
The expert speaker panel includes:
• Emma Snapes, Biobank Manager, Infant Biobank
• Dr Brian Thomson, Director and Clinical Lead for 100K Genome Project, Nottingham Health Science Biobank
• Professor Glyn Stacey, Director, UK Stem Cell Bank, Division of Advanced Therapies, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control – MHRA
• Octavi Quintana Trias, Principal advisor of DG, European Commission
• Dr Julia Riedlinger, Head of Marker Scouting and Sample Bank, Roche Diagnostics
• Arthur Lewis, Senior R&D Manager, MedImmune
• Dr Michael Luntang-Jensen, Biobank Manager, H. Lundbeck A/S
• Jonathan Sellors, Legal Counsel, UK Biobank
Visit www.bio-banking-event.com/prcom to view the complete speaker lineup and their topics.
Register online and avail of the early bird discount of £400 by 31st March 2016.
For sponsorship inquiries, contact Alia Malick at +44 (0) 7827 6168 or email email@example.com. For delegate/group registration, contact Matthew Apps at +44 (0) 20 7827 6184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6th BioBanking Conference and Exhibition
20-21 June 2016
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk