Palmdale, CA, January 07, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Overall, 2007 was a year of incremental improvement and near misses. Puma, Kelme, Lotto, Umbro, adidas and Nike all improved on existing models.
2007 allowed AVID Soccer to test products from more manufacturers than ever before. AVID Soccer also worked with more retailers than the prior year. Both provided a broader view of the market than ever before, and more confidence that the award winners are the World's Best. For the full article, see (http://blog.avidsoccer.com//2008/01/02/avid-soccer-awards-2007-recap.aspx) or cheat and look at the winners below.
And the best in 2007 are:
• Best Boot Winner - adidas Predator Absolute - The flagship Predator introduced the PowerPulse insert adding weight and inertia to this power platform boot.
• Best GK Glove Winner - Reusch Duo Ortho-Tec won hands down.
• Best Ball Winner - While this race was close, the durability of the Brine Triumph 20-600 just edged out first place.
• Best Kit Winner - When balancing value against style and durability, the judging was the closest in this year's awards. The adidas Avantis only edged out the Honorable Mention Protime Sports Boston kit.
• Retailer of the Year - Eurosport (soccer.com) is among the largest soccer retailers on the net.
About AVID Soccer:
AVID Soccer (http://www.avidsoccer.com) is a grass roots organization that provides information and training to individual players, groups and teams. AVID Soccer consists of coaches and trainers dedicated to improving the image of soccer; the level of training; and the level of play.
The AVID Soccer Equipment Review (http://blog.avidsoccer.com/) provides objective testing services, reviews and information on soccer equipment and related products. They currently have over 20 testers ranging from U-9 players through semi-pro. The AVID Soccer Equipment review web log was founded in March 2006.