London, United Kingdom, March 24, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- SMi Group are delighted to have Steve Hood, Director of Biotransformation & Drug Deposition from GSK, present a keynote address at Alzheimers 2016 when it arrives to London on 10th & 11th May 2016.
With a focus on small molecule drugs, the presentation will review challenges of macromolecule distribution and will ask the question: How can we measure CNS penetration? With collaborative research being a key emphasis of GSK, the European partnership "COMPACT" will also be introduced to attendees at this year's show.
GSK will be speaking alongside other leading industry thought leaders from Janssen R&D, TauRx Therapeutics, Alzheimer’s Research UK, Alzinova AB and Eli Lilly.
The full line-up and detailed conference agenda is available on the event website.
Alzheimer’s 2016 will aim to help attendees:
· Develop strategies that simultaneously target multiple pathogenic mechanisms to increase the likelihood of therapeutic success.
· Benefit from an agenda tailored towards improving the utility of translatable models through 14 hours of content.
· Escape regulatory risk through informed guidance on the efficacy of endpoints and safety assessment.
· Improve biomarker diagnostics and clinical scope through exclusive insights on tau aggregation inhibition as a target for Alzheimer’s disease.
· Identify new windows of opportunity in ABCC technology for novel therapeutics and diagnostics.
· Drive commercial competitiveness by revisiting endpoint outcomes in pre-dementia clinical trials to enable disease progression studies.
· Evolve their drug pipeline with new opportunities in collaborative research through partnerships and funding models.
For those who are interested in attending, there is currently a £200 early bird saving available online which expires on 31st March.
Further details are available at www.alzheimers-conference.com
10th & 11th May 2016
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London UK
Notes to Editor:
In recent months a UK fund of $100 million dollars was raised in the world’s first venture capital fund dedicated to finding novel treatments for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease and other forms of dementia with GSK making the biggest contribution of $25 million dollars.* Source: http://bit.ly/1jzuRlw
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk