Prague, Czech Republic, March 26, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Devart, a recognized vendor of professional database tools for developers and DBAs, has announced a release of a new version of Review Assistant, a code review plug-in for Visual Studio.
Review Assistant 3.2 includes the following new features and improvements:
More flexible email notifications
- Individual settings of email notifications for each event type.
- Every member of a project can now receive email notifications about all events in reviews.
Project members can join reviews now
There is an ability to join a review and become a reviewer if the review is available in the list of open project reviews or a user got a message that the review had been created. To join the review, open it and click Join Review in the review editor.
New role in a review - Watcher
- A review creator can assign team members to monitor the review process (make them watchers).
- Watchers receive review notifications as if they were review participants.
- Watchers can join a review any time if they want to add comments to code.
Create reviews without specifying reviewers
This feature was added for agile teams. It allows creating "hanging" reviews, which any team member can pick up.
- A code author can now create a review without adding specific reviewers.
- All project members receive an email notification about a new review.
- Reviews with no reviewers appear under My Reviews and To Review filters for every project member.
- Any project member can join a review.
- The review editor usability improved.
- Project settings improved to avoid ambiguity.
- The warning on Accept Changes is more straightforward now.
Review Assistant is a code review plug-in for Visual Studio. The tool allows creating review requests and responding to them without leaving Visual Studio. Review Assistant supports TFS, Subversion, Git, Mercurial, and Perforce.
Learn more about Review Assistant at https://www.devart.com/review-assistant/
Prices and Availability
A free version of Review Assistant is restricted up to 3 users and 1 project. Review Assistant for unlimited number of users is available for a 30-day trial period.
Devart is one of the leading developers of database tools and administration software, ALM solutions, data providers for various database servers, data integration and backup solutions. The company also implements Web and Mobile development projects.
Learn more about Devart at https://www.devart.com.