London, United Kingdom, April 09, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- SMi recently caught up with Thames Water and Dwr Cymru Welsh Water ahead of SMi's 5th annual Smart Water Systems conference, taking place on 25th - 26th April 2016 in London, UK.
They have shared their unique perspectives on smart water technology innovation and recent updates on their own smart meter roll-out programmes.
On the progress of Thames Water's smart meter roll-out, their Water Efficiency & Affordability Manager, Andrew Tucker said:
"We have so much to do with: the people out on the streets, matching up with new IT systems, working with communications on customer engagement, leakage teams having to identify leaks straight away. Engaging with each householder is possibly the most difficult to do."
To download the full speaker interviews with Thames Water, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water and more, visit http://www.smart-water-systems.com/prcom.
Smart Water Systems 2016 will provide the ideal platform to discover how water companies are benefiting from smart water technology, with the short and long-term gains discussed. The two-day programme will feature an array of case studies which will detail the results and progress made from some of the largest UK and European smart water system roll-outs. Furthermore, special focus will be provided on how we can locate and extract meaningful information from the big data generated and first-hand accounts will be shared on how this information can be used to produce significant environmental, social and economic advantage.
Speaker Panel includes:
• Danny Leamon, Head of Metering, Thames Water
• Penny Hodge, Head of Policy and Stakeholder Engagement, Southern Water
• Marcello Bondesan, Head of Energy Engineering Department, HERA
• Kevin Murray, Metering Technology and Solutions Specialist, Irish Water
• Natalie Jakomis, Chief Statistician/Head of Smart Hub Support and Development, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
• Andrew Smith, Regional Optimisation Manager, Anglian Water
• Georgina Mills, Delivery Director, Ofwat
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smart-water-systems.com/prcom