Oceanside, NY, April 27, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- For the third consecutive year, Becker's Hospital Review has named South Nassau Communities Hospital to its of "100 Hospitals with Great Women's Health Programs" in the United States.
South Nassau was selected based on its clinical excellence, quality care and clinical quality and patient safety awards for women's health services. Becker's Hospital Review is a bimonthly magazine published by ASC Communications located in Chicago, Ill.
"This award underscores our commitment to providing the very best of care to women. From high-risk pregnancies and infertility to breast cancer and reproductive malignancies, women across the South Shore know they can depend upon South Nassau," said Richard J. Murphy, South Nassau's president and CEO.
"We have been strengthening our specialty services for women in recent years at South Nassau and this recognition validates those efforts," added Alan Garely, MD, chair of obstetrics and gynecology.
The editorial team of Becker's Hospital Review based their selection of hospitals to the list on national rankings and awards received from several institutions, including U.S. News & World Report national and regional rankings for gynecology, CareChex rankings for women's health care, women's health Healthgrades awards, Women's Choice Award's Best Breast Centers list and Baby-Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA, the accrediting body for the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative in the U.S.
The "100 Hospitals with Great Women's Health Programs" listing is among a multitude of other awards for safety and quality that South Nassau has earned during the past year, including:
· "A" for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group
· Being named as the South Shore's only 'Baby Friendly' designated hospital, a program sponsored by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund
· 10th consecutive year on the Home Care Elite list
· American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award
· Home Health Quality Improvement Gold Medal
· New York State Department of Health's Perinatal Quality Collaborative Obstetrical Improvement Quality Improvement Award
· American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Quality Achievement Award