Asheville, NC, May 02, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation believes the conversation about brain tumors is bigger than just one month.
That’s why the world's largest nonprofit funder of childhood brain tumor research is kicking off Brain Tumor Awareness Month with the “May and Every Day” campaign. Awareness tools include educational information, patient stories on social media and a new public service announcement.
With more children dying of brain tumors than any other form of cancer, the PBTF is encouraging people to join the fight for a cure all year round.
“A child’s brain tumor diagnosis is devastating for families,” said Robin Boettcher, PBTF president and CEO. “Brain Tumor Awareness Month gives us a great opportunity to amplify their voices and rally supporters to support families while we push for a cure.”
How you can get involved
· Use the “May and Every Day” Twibbon as profile picture on social media
· Share your story on the PBTF Facebook page
· Repost the Brain Tumor Awareness Month posts on social media with the hashtags #BTAM and #MayandEveryDay
· Make a donation to the PBTF to make a difference
· Set up a PBTF fundraising page in honor or memory of a loved one
· Sign up for one of the PBTF's mission-focused events
· Encourage your legislators to support funding for pediatric brain tumor research
About The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
More children die of brain tumors than any other cancer. The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is the leading nonprofit seeking a cure for this deadly disease and helping survivors and families cope. We've funded more than $28 million in research over the past three decades, and our programs include free educational resources, college scholarships for brain tumor survivors, emergency financial aid and mission-focused events such as Ride for Kids and the Starry Night 8.5K. To help us cure the kids, call 800-253-6530 or go to www.curethekids.org.