Chennai, India, May 14, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- The primary objective of this product is to offer high speed data migration solution to Office 365 customers. This will help users plan to migrate content from network file shares, file servers and local hard drives to SharePoint Online seamlessly.
Key features of Dockit 365 Migrator:
· Built from scratch using Office 365 API to leverage the high speed migration engine.
· Uses an intermediate Azure Storage Account to migrate contents to Office 365.
· Retains source folder hierarchy.
· Preserves file properties like Modified Date, Modified By, Created Date and Created By.
· Assigns metadata from external Excel file.
· Simple solution that does not require end-user training.
· Creating new Migration Job
· Enter the necessary details [Job Name, Description (optional), Azure Storage Account Information] to create a new job.
· Creating / Deleting a SharePoint library
· Create SharePoint libraries like Document Library, Data Connection Library, Picture · · Library and Wiki Page Library without doing it separately in a browser.
· Metadata load
· Metadata can be assigned for files while migrating the source contents from file server to SharePoint site by using an Excel file.
The “File Settings” wizard will provide user to select three options ‘Skip’, ‘Replace’ and ‘Create new file’.
Renaming Rules for ‘Folders’ and ‘Files’
Using ‘Regular Expressions’ (), it will rename the invalid characters in SharePoint (like - ! " # $ % etc.) for the folders and files
Truncating ‘Folders’ and ‘Files’
Users can truncate long folders / files name by specifying the folder / file name length to use before importing them to a SharePoint library.
This feature has been introduced in Dockit 365 application for mapping the source and target SharePoint columns and defining default values.
“Threshold Settings” is to throttle the upload speed and save time while performing bulk data migration to SharePoint Online in Office 365.
The jobs can be scheduled to run regular time intervals using the Windows Task Scheduler with the selected settings.
Running the Job:
Application will initiate the upload process to Azure once click the ‘Start’ button. Dockit 365 application calculates the size of contents uploaded to Azure in the specific time and provides statistics. Once the source contents are uploaded, user can view the details of the current job by clicking on “View Log” option available in the respective job. “View Log” will display the details like Statistics, Source, Target, Size, Status, Remarks and more about the completed job to user. All the jobs created in Dockit 365 application will be viewed in “Job History”. The job information and its status will be updated in the “Job History” tab.
To download Dockit 365 Migrator 1.0, please register at http://www.vyapin.com/download/dockit365migrator