Now Available: A Red-Fluorescent cADDis Assay Kit, Manufactured by Montana Molecular, for Measuring cAMP Changes in Live Mammalian Cells
Cyclic AMP (cAMP) is the prototypical second messenger. The major receptor in eukaryotic cells, cAMP-dependent Protein Kinase (PKA), is ubiquitous. cAMP affects many different physiological and biochemical processes, including the activity of kinases. In contrast to the hitherto available green-fluorescent cADDis kit, the red-fluorescent counterpart can be used in combination with green-fluorescent gene constructs, such as GFP, or ion indicators.
A protocol has been validated in HEK293, CHO, and NIH 3T3 cells, and is appropriate for live-cell imaging and for screening on automated fluorescence plate readers.
Materials included in the kit:
• Red fluorescent cAMP sensor in BacMam under the control of a CMV promoter (Baculovirus stock).
• Sodium butyrate (Sodium butyrate is added to the culture to maintain BacMam expression. Other HDAC inhibitors may work as well.)
• β2 Adrenergic Receptor BacMam in TNM-FH Insect Culture Medium. (A Gs-coupled receptor provided as a positive control for the purpose of assay optimization.)
• Isoproterenol (Isoproterenol can be used to stimulate Gs signaling through the positive control, the β2 adrenergic receptor.)
• D0200G Green Downward cADDis cAMP CMV Fluorescence imaging and Plate reader assay (Z' > 0.85)
• U0200G Green Upward cADDis cAMP CMV Fluorescence imaging and Plate reader assay (Z' > 0.85)
• D0700G Green ArcLight Voltage CMV Fluorescence imaging
• U0300G Green Upward DAG CMV Fluorescence imaging and Plate reader assay (Z' > 0.8)
MoBiTec GmbH, Germany, is a certified agent for Montana Molecular in Europe. For details see http://www.mobitec.com
About Montana Molecular
Montana Molecular develops genetically encoded fluorescent biosensors and probes for cell-based assays and live cell imaging. Montana Molecular products are used for drug discovery and to observe and measure cell signaling processes.
Montana Molecular's scientific team is focused on creating breakthrough innovations that empower both basic research scientists and drug discovery teams. The company is committed to building a sustainable biotech industry in the state of Montana, providing good jobs in a safe and healthy environment.
About MoBiTec GmbH
MoBiTec GmbH (Goettingen, Germany) is a privately held company (founded in 1987) that offers research tools for molecular and cell biology. Products include DNA vectors for cloning and expression, cell transfection reagents and cell culture tools, immobilized and soluble enzymes, products for genomics and proteomics research, numerous antibodies and recombinant proteins, superior fluorescence reagents and kits, affinity chromatography products, as well as general laboratory equipment.
In parallel to its own product lines, MoBiTec distributes products from international companies in Germany. MoBiTec products are distributed worldwide, in Germany from their home office, in other countries by distributors.