London, United Kingdom, May 25, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- SMi will open its doors to it's 10th annual conference on Gas Storage and Transmissions in just 3 weeks' time. The two-day event will provide the ideal platform to discuss the role storage and transmissions can play in safeguarding the EU's security of energy supply, in addition to the role regulators have to play in rejuvenating this dynamic market.
Case studies will be provided on current and future infrastructural developments across Europe, including the Turkish, Nord and South Streams and the forthcoming Nord Stream 2 project. The two-day event will assess whether diversifying gas supply routes and new interconnector projects can meet the growing need for natural gas imports in Europe as production in the North Sea continues to fall.
If you haven't made a decision yet to attend, download the 2016 attendee list to take a look at who you can network with at http://www.gas-storage-event.com/prcom
Speaker Panel includes:
• Christophe Poillion, VP and Director of European Strategy, GRTgaz and Chairman of the Task Force on Security of Supply, Gas Infrastructure Europe
• Ralph Bahke, Managing Director, ONTRAS Gastransport GmbH
• Paul Corcoran, Chief Financial Officer, Nord Stream 2 AG
• Christoph von dem Bussche, Managing Director, Gascade
• Michael Kohl, Managing Director, RWE Gasspeicher
• Gabriele Lucchesi, Managing Director, Edison Stoccaggio SpA
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.gas-storage-event.com/prcom
Key Sessions at Gas Storage and Transmissions:
• Nord Stream: Enhancing Europe's long-term energy security
Paul Concoran, Chief Financial Officer, Nord Stream 2 AG
• Security of supply in a declining gas market
Hans-Age Nielsen Chief Consultant - Business Development, Energinet.dk
• Assessing the impact of the new regulation on the gas storage market
Michael Kohl, Managing Director, RWE Gasspeicher
• The Italian gas storage systems: A unique case in Europe
Gabriele Lucchesi, Managing Director, Edison Stoccaggio SpA
• Transporting gas to the storage facilities: New pipeline infrastructure in Germany
Christoph von dem Bussche, Managing Director, Gascade
Download the event brochure at http://www.gas-storage-event.com/prcom
• Where next for the gas storage market?
Akos Kriston, Deputy Director, Hungarian Gas Storage Ltd
• Natural gas market and infrastructure in Central and Eastern Europe
Piotr Kus, Director, OGP Gaz-System S.A.
• What does the future hold for transmissions networks?
Craig Dyke, Gas Network Development Manager, National Grid
Plus, don't miss the two interactive pre-conference workshops taking place on 14th June 2016:
A: Delivering gas storage and pipeline projects for the energy union: Lessons learned
Hosted by: Kostadin Sirleshtov, Partner and CEE Head of Energy, CMS Cameron McKenna
Pavlin Stoyanov, Senior Associate, CMS Cameron McKenna
8.30 – 12.30
B: Gas portfolio asset optimisation
Hosted by: Dr Christos Papadopoulos, Director, Energy Exemplar
13.30 – 17.30