Chicago, IL, June 03, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Dude, the 80s are like totally back at this year’s Printers Row Lit Fest! Local author Laura Quinn will be signing copies of her 80s-inspired novel, Punk Charming, from 2-6 p.m. Saturday, June 11th in Tent A (located at the entrance gate at W. Congress Pkwy and S. Dearborn St).
Heralded by Windy City Reviews as “a delightful romantic romp through the 1980s”, Punk Charming is chockablock full of 80s pop culture. As part of the totally tubular signing event, Quinn will be handing out I ©80s stickers and other themed giveaways for fans. To celebrate the awesome decade, anyone wearing 80s attire (neon, favorite 80s band shirt, etc.) can purchase Punk Charming at the special discounted rate of just $12. Promotional updates will be shared on Twitter @PunkCharming80s and facebook.com/punkcharmingbook.
Quinn discovered several other 80s connections in the Lit Fest (founded in 1985) 2016 lineup, such as:
· Ethan Hawke, whose film debut was “Explorers” in 1985, makes an appearance Saturday with Greg Ruth to discuss their graphic novel Indeh.
· Bill Kurtis discusses history-shaping events Saturday. Among his countless achievements, in 1988 Kurtis was the first American television reporter to enter Chernobyl.
· Catherine Lanigan, best-selling romance author of Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile, makes an appearance Sunday. The novels turned into 80s classics films.
· Sara Paretsky, international bestselling author, is hosting a flash fiction contest Saturday. Her V.I. Warshawski novels debuted in the 80s, leading to the film starring Kathleen Turner.
Maureen Schulman will discuss Eli’s Cheesecake’s tasty history Saturday, along with a food demo by The Eli Cheesecake Cookbook coauthors Diana Moles and Jolene Worthington. The legendary dessert business launched shortly after the first Taste of Chicago in 1980.
· David Swinson, author of Second Girl, appears Sunday with David Heinzmann. Early careers included being a record shop owner and a punk rock/alternative concert promoter in the 80s.
· Steve Trout, Major League pitcher throughout the 80s, will be signing his children’s book Loosey-Goosey Baseball Sunday.
Punk Charming is published by Eternal Press - ISBN # 9781944579265 (print) and 9781944579005 (e-Book). It is available via Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Lulu as well as select local shops, including Bizarre Bazaar in Barrington. Punk Charming is currently being translated to be released as a Spanish-language edition and a Spanish/English edition.
Punk Charming Back Cover Blurb: “1986 – Shoulder pads are big, hair is bigger, and American college student Kate Spenser is set to embark on the biggest adventure of her life. Having been accepted to a summer study-abroad program in Oxford, England, Kate travels to Europe for the first time.
The eighteen-year-old is psyched about a summer of exploring countries on her own, experiencing new cultures, and perhaps meeting a charming young man along the way. Armed with a French-English dictionary and her Walkman loaded with Duran Duran, Kate is ready to start her adventure in France. Little does she know what awaits her when she arrives, and how she must use her wits to escape peril in Paris. Fortune favors Kate when she meets her Punk Charming, and it’s love at first sight. Now, if she could only find him again.
James Barrington meets his soul mate while on the run from Paris. Mis-cues and sabotage prevent him from reuniting with Kate, but he can never forget her. If only he had told her the truth before it was too late. Or is it?
Can true love conquer all?”
Quinn is passionate about writing and traveling, and is happiest when combining the two. She has lived in the Chicago area all of her life, an undergraduate student at DePaul University and a graduate student at Northwestern University and the University of Chicago. Quinn attended British Poetry and British Literature courses at Oriel College, during a summer study-abroad program at Oxford University in 1986. In addition to writing her next two novels (a sequel to Punk Charming and a new mystery series), Quinn teaches creative writing at local colleges and is a writing coach for private clients. She welcomes visitors to her website at LauraQuinnBooks.com or email at LauraQuinnBooks@yahoo.com.
Quinn is available for interviews and appearances. Contact Publicist Shaun at 224-256-0174 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.