Marlton, NJ, June 19, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Acsis, a leading provider of supply chain serialization solutions, today announced that American Health Packaging (AHP), a part of AmerisourceBergen, has successfully deployed Acsis Edge for Pharma for end-to-end management of warehouse transactions and tracking of serialized items from receipt through shipping. With Acsis Edge for Pharma, AHP has accelerated the path to compliance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) and streamlined serialization, data collection and management.
Through the seamless integration of scanner-captured data and the automation of shipping processes, AHP has realized immediate efficiency gains, including a reduction in cycle count time and several hours saved in shipping-related processes each week.
In AHP’s warehouse environment, product movement was tracked on paper and then manually entered into the company’s ERP system. Such manual processes did not support AHP’s transition from a batch-based solution to the fully serialized supply chain that the company needed to meet DSCSA mandates. To address its serialization and compliance challenges, AHP selected Acsis line-level serialization for its 10 packaging lines and Acsis Edge for Pharma for the association and integration of all data, both serialized and non-serialized.
“After a thorough evaluation, we discovered that Acsis Edge for Pharma provided a significant base from a solution standpoint and the Acsis team had the breadth of experience to tailor the solution to meet the nuances of our business model. With Acsis, we could deploy quickly to meet the DSCSA mandates and maximize the return we would see in productivity and efficiency.” – Rick Knight, President, AHP
AHP is the market leader in unit dose oral solids for the healthcare marketplace. With Acsis Edge for Pharma, the company can now:
· Capture, aggregate and track data points from all serialized and non-serialized product lines (including those from its distributor, Bluepoint), from the packaging lines through distribution.
· Automate receipt, move and ship processes, resulting in faster, more accurate tracking of all product movements in the warehouse.
· Seamlessly integrate serialized data with its ERP system and EPCIS repository, which improves productivity with one scan that automatically updates all systems.
· Verify orders, print LTL and Parcel Labels, calculate shipping costs, and create shipping paperwork. With a single scan, all shipping labels and paperwork are printed immediately, reducing manual data entry by an average of 16,000 keystrokes each week and eliminating related errors.
· Move from paper-based to automated cycle counts.
· Improve the efficiency and accuracy of quality checks, moving from a visual inspection of orders against the pick slip to scanning product with real-time validation and immediate feedback to the operator.
“While the DSCSA is the primary impetus for pharmaceutical companies to implement serialization solutions, customers can gain more from their efforts than simply meeting mandates. In just months after deploying Acsis Edge for Pharma, AHP not only has a complete framework for DSCSA compliance through 2023, but has also been able improve warehouse efficiency – from time savings for employees to faster, more accurate quality checks and cycle counts.” – Jeremy Coote, CEO, Acsis, Inc.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies, helping both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers improve patient access to products and enhance patient care. With services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services, AmerisourceBergen delivers innovative programs and solutions across the pharmaceutical supply channel in human and animal health. With over $135 billion in annual revenue, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs approximately 18,000 people. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #12 on the Fortune 500 list. For more information, go to www.amerisourcebergen.com.
For over 20 years, Acsis has provided warehouse execution systems for Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies. With our Acsis Edge solution, companies ensure compliance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act and other serialization mandates, while leveraging their serialization data to increase productivity, improve order accuracy, and build a foundation for returns, chargebacks and recall management.
Acsis is headquartered in Marlton, NJ. Customers include AmerisourceBergen, Ashland, Cintas, DuPont, Glatfelter, Hershey’s, Meda and OSRAM.
Acsis and Acsis Edge are trademarks or registered trademarks of Acsis Inc. Other company names, product names and company logos mentioned herein are the trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.