Lane Cove, Australia, July 03, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java & .NET 16.5.0. This month’s release contains over 72 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the Aspose.Words products. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release, support of Bookmark Over 40 Characters in Exported PDF, added Explicit Support of Multiple Data Sources in LINQ Reporting Engine, Support of Suppressed Endnotes in Fixed Page File Format, support Special Handling of Backslash for IF File, improved reflow performance for large paragraphs, improved SVG output with IE compatibility, improved widow/orphan handling for tables and improved Asian text line breaking in fixed page file format. MS Word does not allow creating bookmark over 40 characters. In previous versions of Aspose.Words, the bookmark name is truncated when its length is more than 40 characters. It has introduced new feature in this release to create bookmark over 40 characters long when the target document is PDF. An overload has been added to the ReportingEngine class. It allows using multiple data source objects while building a report. It also introduced new feature to suppress endnotes when document is exported to fixed page file format. PageSetup.SuppressEndnotes property works for only flow layout document (Word document) in previous versions of Aspose.Words. Starting from v16.5.0, this property will work for fixed page file formats e.g. Pdf, Xps. MS Word has special behavior for IF field – direct backslash in field code escapes following symbol during parsing but does not escape in field result. Starting from v16.5.0, this feature is supported by Aspose.Words. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below:
• Improved reflow performance for large paragraphs.
• Added explicit support of multiple data sources to LINQ Reporting Engine.
• SVG output with IE compatibility improved.
• Improved widow/orphan handling for tables.
• Improved asian text line breaking.
• Improved font metrics calculation for substituted fonts.
• Implemented support for SuppressEndnotes option.
• A symbol in picture is transformed to SDT and its actual look is not preserved during open/save a DOCX
• Save Word document as PDF corrupts WordArt
• Missing text in text boxes when converting to PDF
• Word To PDF conversion - Problem with Textbox
• Horizontal lines are not visible in generated document
• /para rules during row break/ A Table row breaks across pages in PDF
• TestJira4499 fails on certain machines
• Numbered list does not get converted properly in the attached PDF
• Google Chrome error: Duplicate headers received from server
• Div is not imported into Aspose.Words DOM
• Specifying new values to ComparisonOperator, LeftExpression or RightExpression of FieldIf cause lose of Tables and other formatting
• Japanese text wraps to next line after English word in output Pdf
• Hyperlink text should not wrap to the next line
• A Page's content is splitting into two pages during rendering
• Docx to SVG conversion issue with text selection in IE-11
• Word to PDF conversion - missing drawing
• Converting to PDF pushes last row on next pag
• Table's rows are moved to previous page after saving Doc to Pdf
• Document.UpdateFields corrupts the document
• Table's cell margins are changed after re-saving Docx
• Table's cells width are changed after re-saving Doc
• Mergefield TableStart inside an IF field are processed although the IF condition is false (IF field is outside any merge regions)
• Docx to Doc/Pdf conversion issue with bounded check-boxes
• Document.UpdateFields does not update REF fields
• Image (shape) is lost after re-saving mhtml
• Not able to load DOCX file
• Paragraph moves to previous page after conversion from Docx to Pdf
• Cell border not rendered in Word where rowspan is used in Html
• Barcode font is changed to Arial after re-saving Docx
• Chinese text is truncated in output HtmlFixed format
• Asian text is improperly wrapped. Font is improperly detected for not asian characters.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Users can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/word-component.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/word-component.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Home
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066