Kolkata, India, August 10, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Premier eye surgeon and retinal specialist of Kolkata Dr Somdutt Prasad will be one of the panelist at the 9th OSWB Academic Meeting to be held at Spring Club on 28th August 2016 from 9am to 2pm. Organized by the Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal, the theme of the meeting is “Code Red in Ophthalmology — Complications in Cataract, Retina and Oculoplasty." Dr Prasad will be the panelist of the ‘Retina’ session along with Dr Tushar Sinha, Dr Saurav Sinha, Dr Abhijit Chatterjee and Dr Rupak Kanti Biswas. Given below are the topics of discussion of the retina session along with their respective speakers:
· Struggle for infusion — The Lifeline (Dr Santanu Mondal)
· PVD induction causing latrogenic break (Dr Aniruddha Maiti)
· Latrogenic RD by Jet Infusion (Dr Rupak Roy)
· Intra-operative choroidal detachment in macular hole surgery (Dr Chirag Bhatt)
· Diabetic Vitrectomy — Careless mistakes (Dr Sangeeta Roy)
· Latrogenic RD while removing IOFB (Dr Krisnendu Nandi)
· Tips and tricks to avoid complications (Dr Subhendu Boral)
Dr Prasad will also talk about the steps taken by his own clinic i4vision to spread awareness about various retinal diseases.
About Dr Somdutt Prasad
Dr Somdutt Prasad is one of the top-retinal specialist and eye surgeon in Kolkata with expertise in cataract surgery, intraocular lens implants, vitrectomy surgery and other retinal conditions such as diabetic retinopathy, venous occlusions and macular degeneration. Before relocating in India, Dr Prasad was practising in the UK and was performing nearly 300 vitrectomy surgeries and 1000 cataract surgeries each year. In his long medical career, Dr Prasad has held many important positions in prestigious ophthalmic bodies such as the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, United Kingdom & Ireland Society & Surgeons and the British & EIRE Association of Vitreo-Retinal Surgeons. He has authored 75 peer-reviewed publications and 8 book chapters. Visit www.somduttprasad.com to know more.
For more information, contact:
Dr Aniruddha Maiti
Mobile: +91 9836552140