Melbourne, Australia, August 21, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Premier Pavers and Stone owner Grace Sent, who has recently released a new ground-breaking product, Premier Hydropavers®, said previously permeable paving systems were not as pervious as they claimed to be – water drained around them, through spaces between the pavers.
“The old design worked well, until the spaces became clogged with dirt – once clogged, drainage didn’t happen freely which meant that permeability was lost,” said Ms Sent.
“These new pavers will revolutionise landscape design as they are permeable through the entire face of the paver,” she said.
“Effectively they blur the line between hardscaping and softscaping.”
“Through technically hardscaping, Premier Hydropavers®, allow water to permeate through them into the ground below, which generally was only possible in areas of softscaping.”
“As they create more permeable area on a property, this allows more space for buildings.”
Ms Sent shared the top six reasons to choose permeable pavers:
1. Strong water absorbing capacity: More than 60mm of water permeates through Premier Hydropavers® per hour. This water returns to the soil and improves the lives of plants, saves water, prevents the depletion of groundwater and reduces puddles and water clogging.
2. Regulation of surface temperature, humidity and air purity: During rain the latest permeable pavers absorb and preserve moisture so when the sun comes out the water in the paver slowly evaporates – reducing the surface temperature on the pavers.
3. Safety: Rainwater seeps into the ground rather than creating hazardous puddles – this reduces the risk of pedestrians slipping on water that pools on the footpath and improves the safety and comfort for drivers and vehicles as well.
4. Noise reduction: The porous structure of the paver absorbs a large amount of noise. This creates a quieter, more comfortable environment and for this reason, these pavers are often used at airports and in subways.
5. Durability: Compared with concrete and asphalt, they can be easily lifted and moved to a new place or for access to an underground area. If any pavers need to be replaced a new one can be put in its place.
6. Environmental conservation: With water seeping through the paver, surrounding plants can be well watered and thrive. Even more critically, this reduces the burden on city drainage system and prevents flooding of rivers.
Ms Sent said permeable pavers, in particular Premier Hydropavers®, have huge benefits for homeowners as they are low maintenance – they don't need sealing and are easily cleaned with a high-pressure hose.
“Visually they look so much better than the previous generations of permeable pavers on the market – with a range of sizes and colours available,” she said.
ISSI Fellow in Permeable Paving Systems Nicolaas van Diemen agrees.
“Premier Hydropavers® are the most advanced permeable paving solution I’ve come across – they work.”
For more information visit www.hydropavers.com.au