Orlando, FL, November 11, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 6.0 of the Stonefield Query SDK. There are lots of new features in this release.
• You can now add subreports to quick reports.
• A new type of formatting is available for date fields: Fiscal Year. For example, if the Year Starts In setting in the Options dialog is set to November, a date of 12/06/2016 displays 2017 (since it's in the 2017 fiscal year) when the date is formatted as Fiscal Year.
• You can now include reports that have ask-at-runtime filter conditions in a batch report. When you run the batch report, it now prompts you for all unique conditions for all reports at the start of the run and uses those values for the conditions in all reports.
• You can now determine whether scheduled reports run even if there are no records that match the filter conditions for the report so you don't have to wonder why the schedule appears not to run when there's no output.
• You can now link a gauge report to another report.
• Microsoft Excel data-only (fast) output now outputs to XLSX rather than XLS files. Also, it now supports appending to an existing file.
Stonefield Query Studio
• The new Export to Microsoft Excel function allows you to easily document your data dictionary.
• The Values Method controls in the Calc page of Stonefield Query Studio were moved to the Comments page (which was renamed to Other) to make room for a new field property: Display Expression. This property is similar to Output Expression except it allows the result set for a report to contain data in a proper sorted order but the values displayed in a report to be different.
• The new ReportEngine.PreviewReport script allows you to do something when the report is previewed, such as add a button to the Preview window's toolbar that performs an action when clicked.
• Report objects have a MergeFrom property you can use to programmatically set the Merge From setting for Microsoft Word merge output.
• The Application object has new CreateObject and OpenForm methods.
• Database objects have a NameDelimiters property.
• The new Go Back button in Studio's status bar is a quick way to jump back to a previous object.
• Stonefield Query Studio can now create relationships for foreign keys in any database engine, not just the ones (Microsoft SQL Server, Access, and Oracle) that were supported before.
• Stonefield Query Studio now requires version 5.0 of West Wind HTML Help Builder if you use HTML Help Builder to edit the generated help.
Download the free 30 day trial of Stonefield Query Today.
About Stonefield Software Inc.
Stonefield Software Inc., the makers of the award-winning Stonefield Query, has been developing Business Intelligence database reporting solutions since 1991.
With the end-user in mind, Stonefield Query enables businesses to deliver end-user self-service ad hoc reporting to customers and/or internal users. Stonefield Query can report on virtually any database, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, Visual FoxPro, Pervasive, IBM DB2, MySQL, and more.
Stonefield has partnered with over 800 OEM and ISV partners to deliver BI reporting solutions to more than 225,000 users in over 65 countries globally to date. Our customers span all sectors and industries from: public to private, military to non-profits, Fortune 500 to SME's.