Orlando, FL, December 14, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- For the third consecutive year, Zenith Lighting has partnered with Orlando area destination Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center as a provider of attraction lighting for the Christmas at Gaylord Palms celebration- itself an annual tradition for the holidays in Central Florida.
Spearheading Zenith’s efforts on this year’s event was John “JP” Pratt. “With the holiday season upon us once again, Zenith Lighting is proud to be partner with Gaylord Palms in bringing this holiday spectacle to life,” said Pratt about Zenith’s participation this year.
This year’s event features a larger and more diverse experience than ever before, including ICE! featuring A Charlie Brown Christmas, Cirque Dreams UnWrapped Stage Show, A Christmas Wish Light Show in the atrium, and Alpine Village which transforms the resort’s large convention center into a Christmas-themed village. Zenith Lighting has provided the lighting, rigging, and effects for the stage show and for Alpine Village.
Among the attractions featured in the large Alpine Village portion of the celebration this year are:
· Santa’s Snow Throw – a Christmas themed “shooting gallery” where guests test their aim using real snowballs.
· Photos with Santa at Santa’s Workshop- guests can visit Santa Claus and get their picture taken.
· Alpine Rush Snow Tubing – An 8 lane indoor snow tubing adventure that brings the thrill of tubing on real snow to Central Florida.
· Gingerbread Decorating Corner – Decorate your own gingerbread house or cookies.
· Build-A-Bear Workshop- Create a variety of plush characters and choose outfits and accessories to personalize your creation.
· Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions and Story Time Sing-a-long - Guests enjoy milk and cookies while participating in a sing-a-long and playing games with Mrs. Claus and her elf assistant.
· The Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt – children can hunt through the resort to find Scout Elves and earn a special prize.
· Market Square – Holiday shopping area, with decorations, gifts, and souvenirs.
· Snowy’s Snack Shack- Donuts, hot chocolate, coffee, and other snacks.
Because the Alpine Village section of this year’s event is such a deeply themed and immersive environment, the lighting and rigging had to match the overall vision and tone of the event while still ensuring that the fixtures would blend into the background enough that they wouldn’t take people out of the holiday fantasy world.
“As Guests step out of the Florida sunshine and into our Alpine Village, we want them to immediately discover a wintery atmosphere. Zenith Lighting contributed to the total sensory experience we desired,” said Niko Nickolaou, Director of Special Events & Entertainment at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms runs daily until January 1st. For tickets and information, please visit ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com, or call 407.586.4423.
Ryan McKay (Marketing Manager)
Zenith Lighting, LLC
Christina White (Marketing Manager)
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
The Elf on the Shelf® and © 2016 CCA and B, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Peanuts © 2016 Peanuts Worldwide LLC. Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. Used with permission. All rights reserved.