London, United Kingdom, January 12, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- SMi Group will welcome the expertise of James Anderson, Head of Corporate Affairs from GlaxoSmithKline, who will be providing attendees at the 19th annual Superbugs and Superdrugs show with an exclusive update on how the pharmaceutical industry is helping address anti-microbial resistance (AMR).
A recent report by Public Health England revealed that fewer antibiotics are being prescribed by GPs and clinicians for the first time.* However there is still a lot of work to be done. What else is the industry doing beyond investing in R&D for new antibiotics? * Source: http://bit.ly/2fx6MtL
The GSK keynote address will delve further into key topics surrounding partnerships with healthcare systems to ensure sterile manufacturing, antibiotic stewardship and new economic models for sustainable solutions.
He will be joined in London this March by a notable speaker line up including:
· Sumathi Nambiar, Director, Division of Anti-Infective Products, FDA
· Richard Bax, Senior Partner, TranScrip
· Lloyd Czaplewski, Director, Chemical Biology Ventures
· Chris Houchens, Branch Chief, BARDA
· Aileen Rubio, Head of Biology, Spero Therapeutics
· David Williams, Chief Executive Officer, Discuva
· Martin Everett, Chief Scientific Officer, ANTABIO SAS
· Jean de Gunzburg, Scientific Director, Da Volterra
· William J Weiss, Director, Pre-Clinical Services, UNT System College of Pharmacy
· Xavier Duportet, CEO, Eligo Bioscience
Further details including a detailed conference agenda and full speaker line-up is available at www.superbugssuperdrugs.com
Superbugs & Superdrugs 2017
20th & 21st March
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
For all media enquiries contact Teri Arri on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6162 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For delegate enquires contact Fateja Begum on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6184 / Email: email@example.com
For exhibition and sponsorship enquires contact Alia Malick on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6168 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.