London, United Kingdom, January 21, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Created with a scientific advisory board, the programme will hone in on new approaches to pain therapy and analgesic drugs, as well as look at the practicalities of using animal models and translational biomarkers in pain research.
Aimed at an audience of scientific leaders and senior specialists in neuroscience, CNS, clinical operations and pharmacology, Pain Therapeutics 2017 aims to keep attendees at the forefront of medical breakthroughs to adapt to the growing need towards minimising opioid dependency and new drug discovery.
Presentations from a selection of hand-picked pharmaceutical companies currently developing novel treatments in pain, will provide delegates with an understanding on key topics such as product formulation; opioid addiction; translational pain research; and breakthroughs in drug discovery.
Interactive workshops and new findings from phase II clinical trials will be just some of the highlights at the 17th annual show when it returns to London this spring.
The notable speaker line-up will include:
• Prof Anthony Jones, Professor of Neuro-Rheumatology, University of Manchester
• Dr Steven Kamerling, Therapeutic Area Head for Pain, Inflammation and Oncology, Zoetis
• Dr Joseph W. Stauffer, Chief Medical Officer, Cara Therapeutics Inc
• Dr Stephen Doberstein, Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, Nektar Pharmaceuticals
• Dr Iain Chessell, Head of Neuroscience, AstraZeneca
• Dr Randall Stevens, Chief Medical Officer, Centrexion Therapeutics Corp
• Dr Richard Butt, Chief Executive Officer, Apollo Therapeutics
• Prof Theo Meert, Head of Global Government Grant Office, Janssen Pharmaceutica NV
• Dr Narender Gavva, Scientific Director, Amgen
• Dr Thomas Christoph, Head of Pharmacology and Biomarker Development, Grunenthal GmbH
• Dr Ian Bell, Principal Scientist, MSD, USA
Further information including a full speaker line-up and detailed conference agenda, is available at http://www.pain-therapeutics.co.uk/prcom
Pain Therapeutics 2017
22nd & 23rd May
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
For media enquiries contact Teri Arri on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6162 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For exhibition and sponsorship enquires contact Alia Malick on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6168 / Email: email@example.com
For all other enquires contact the team on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk