Lane Cove, Australia, February 23, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- What's New in this Release?
The Aspose team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.1.0. This month’s release brings improvement to the public API for working with custom fields of a project. The new implementation makes it simple for creating extended attributes. This release also fixes a number of bugs reported with earlier version of the API. This release has improved the public API for working with custom fields i.e. Tasks as well as Resources. The improved version of this API simplifies adding an extended attribute definition to project and create extended attribute from this definition. The new implementation provides individual implementations for working with plain and lookup custom fields. The static methods of ExtendedAttributeDefinition class allow the creation of each type of extended attribute, such as Create Task Definition, CreationResourceDefinition, CreateLookupTaskDefinition and CreateLookupResourceDefinition. The sample code on the blog announcement page shows a basic illustration of this improved implementation for creating a Task lookup extended attribute. This month’s release also fixes several bugs that improve the overall API functionality, such as working with Extended Attributes of the API, lookup values error while assigning to task, large file size after creating task baseline and Saving Extended Task Attributes to output MPP. This release includes plenty of new features as listed below:
• Improve public API to simplify working with Custom Fields.
• Extended attribute lookup table is not showed in XML format.
• MPP cannot be loaded into Project object
• False lookup table attached with an extended attribute while adding lookup with another extended attribute
• Wrong %Complete and ActualDuration calculated in MPP as compared to XML (.NET)
• Huge file size after setting baseline
• Extended attribute cannot be added to MPX
• Marking Tasks As Complete - Task Complete Indicator Not Displayed
• Extended attribute not saved properly to MPP file
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks users can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/products/tasks/net
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/tasks/net
- Demos of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066