Wayne, PA, February 06, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- CEO & Chairman Jim Walker of Octagon Research Solutions, Inc., a leader in the electronic transformation of clinical R&D in the life sciences industry, today announced the commercial availability of StartingPoint® 3.0, the latest version of Octagon’s suite of submission document authoring templates.
StartingPoint is a collection of over 200 submission document authoring templates that provide content and format guidance and automation of traditional authoring tasks. Highlighting new functionality, the 3.0 version boasts:
• Document validation button. An interactive tool that helps users identify invalid styles, fonts, and margin violations. This enables users to swiftly move through the document creation process and ensure that formatting is compliant with organizational standards, facilitating quality assurance and electronic publishing processes.
• Document information for field codes. This new functionality enables users to create field codes at a document level and automatically apply and update the field codes with one click. This is especially useful in the development of large documents such as clinical study reports where a product name or study number can be created once as a field code and automatically updated throughout the entire document.
• Keyboard shortcuts for each of the toolbar buttons.
• Improved table functionality such as auto-numbering of table footnotes, a table caption button, and a button that converts tables brought in from external documents into StartingPoint styles.
• Additional content templates for the US and Europe.
John Lawrie, vice president, Process Solutions at Octagon Research Solutions, Inc. noted, “With over 80 StartingPoint clients to date, the 3.0 product reflects our experience working with submission document authors as well as feedback from our clients. This release enhances the user experience and also improves the entire authoring process by providing tools to ensure the quality of the structure and format of the document at any point in the process.”
Octagon will be demonstrating StartingPoint 3.0 at the 21st Annual DIA Conference for Electronic Document Management at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Philadelphia, PA on February 5-8, 2008, Booth #101.
To see a demonstration of StartingPoint 3.0 or to learn more about Octagon’s integrated product and service offerings, please contact Octagon Research Solutions at (610)-535-6500 or on the web.
About Octagon Research Solutions, Inc.
Octagon is a pioneer and leading process-centric solutions provider that offers a suite of regulatory, clinical, process, and IT solutions to the life sciences industry. Octagon synchronizes processes and increases automation to reduce island-to-island inefficiencies within the clinical research and development process. We leverage the power of electronic submissions through deep domain knowledge, cross-functional electronic submission expertise, a holistic process approach, and integrated solutions. Octagon is headquartered in Wayne, PA, with European headquarters in Berkhamsted, UK. Octagon’s EDC Operations are located in Mountain View, CA. For more information please visit their web site.