Clearwater, FL, May 19, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- LC Technology International, Inc., a data recovery, security and utility solutions concern, has released an updated version of its Solid State Doctor, a utility suite that optimizes the performance of SSDs.
In addition to monitoring SSD operations and preventing data loss, Solid State Doctor improves the performance and lifespan of SSD's through over-provisioning, offers cloning from one SSD to another, and supports TRIM on all current versions of Windows...even XP and Vista which natively don’t support it!
Due to the fact that SSD's have a limited, but predictable lifespan, having an application that can predict the usable lifespan is critical for preventing data loss. Solid State Doctor provides this security by proactively monitoring S.M.A.R.T., which continuously tracks read and write errors, temperature and other key metrics to warn the user when an SSD is no longer safe for storage.
The updates to Solid State Doctor provide these enhancements over the original version:
* Enhanced Drive information Tool – For every drive in your system, displays the model number, serial number, firmware version, capacity, ATA version info, supported features, temperature, lifetime write activity, and more.
* Overprovision Tool – This feature allows the user to allocate a portion of the free space on the SSD to be used by the controller in the SSD to better manage and maintain the performance and longevity of the SSD drive.
* Disk Cloning Tool – Great feature allowing the user to copy the contents of their current system drive to another for upgrading their system from a HDD to an SSD or to a new or larger SSD.
* Optimize (TRIM) Tool – Regular use of the TRIM command will help the SSD maintain maximum write performance and allow the operating system to properly manage the drive’s capacity. We include support for Microsoft AHCI and Intel Matrix Storage Manager on all MS OS’s*.
* S.M.A.R.T Status Tool – This feature proactively monitors the SSD’s S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attributes and warn the user of any pending failures which would indicate that the user’s SSD drive may be failing and should be backed up or replaced. Even includes the ability for the user to perform the manufacturer’s built-in diagnostic self-tests on their SSD.
* Secure Drive Wipe – This handy feature allows the user to securely delete the entire contents of the drive returning the drive to its original unformatted RAW state. This permanent deletion is great for removing all traces of data when retiring or selling a used SSD, removing all traces of a virus, or installing a new operating system.
* Write Cache Management – This unique function allows the user to manage the write caching on their SSD, the operating system, or both. This gives the user full control over whether to enable write caching for maximum performance or selectively disable write caching for maximum data security in the event of a system power failure or Windows fatal error.
"Computers users now overwhelmingly prefer SSD drives to standard HDD drives (HDDs) because they boot rapidly, launch applications instantaneously and generally provide snappier performance," said David Zimmerman, president, LC Technology. "However, SSD storage space and lifespans are inferior to HDDs, so our goal with Solid State Doctor and this update in particular is to help consumer get the most out of their SSD and prevent data loss."
LC Technology International, Inc. is a global leader in data recovery whose mission is designed to help clients resolve catastrophic problems.
LC Technology International maintains the highest quality standards with award winning customer service and support as noted by the many awards and articles in the media.
LC Technology International, Inc
29750 US Hwy 19N
Clearwater, FL 33761